The Ripoff Report - Burn it Down

WhitewalkerInPhilly

I was going to do this last night after the game, but the site crashed from our collective misery. So, while it's still mostly fresh in my head, he's the overwhelming reaction:

I consider myself an optimist when it comes to the Bills: I weathered the drought, and I remember going through every permutation in which they might get into the playoffs. I generally had high hopes for this year, and there are definitely bright spots still. I am not a "style points" guy who thinks that we need to be winning by 20 point margins every week.

But something is perfectly clear: this team isn't Super Bowl caliber. Yes, I know that any team go on fire at the right time, but at this point the hurtles are too many, and actually making the playoffs looks chancy. This team has gone backwards. 

The saying goes that success has many fathers while failure is an orphan, but there isn't one point of failure. It's in multiple spots. There isn't a quick plug and play fix where slotting in one more guy is going to dramatically change the teams fortunes. It needs to be gutted. Our roster is old and expensive, and it's time to get younger and cheaper. All of that spells a rough 2024.

____

I wanted Ken Dorsey to step into the OC job when Daboll left. It made sense, the man who knew Josh Allen best in the building and who had been groomed for the job. 

It ain't working.

It feels like the man is oversmarting himself at every turn. Yes, I know fans accused Daboll of that, but it has taken him a criminally long time to utilize some of the talents he has. I don't even mind the Allen turnovers so much as he very clearly is forcing it. Something is wrong with the coaching and scheme.

I am not saying we roll out Chip Kelly. I have been skeptical of the "hire the guy who shook the hand of Sean McVeigh" approach. But Josh is best when he is gaming, and I feel there has to be something to utilize motion in a way we are not doing and setting things up for Allen to play off script. I doubt something happens midseason, but SOMETHING has to change.

-

We should not bid on Gabe Davis. That is all. I would have been against it to begin with, but that tip drill reminded me of his limitations. Shakir can be a #4 receiver, Davis can't be a #2. Someone will wildly overbid for him and good luck to them. It shouldn't be us.

-

I am giving James Cook a pass. I am sorry, but at least he had heart. He came to play when it looked like others are sleepwalking.

-

I would like to apologize to Leslie Frazier. It seems McDermott can't stop end of game drives either.

And seriously, how many times are we going to get burned by "shovel pass to the RB while the QB is being tackled"

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.