Raiders Game Day Thoughts/Fan Experience

corta765

I went to the game yesterday and it was everything you would hope for the home opener. I have thoughts on the experience and then the Bills itself. I have been going regularly to 3-4 games a year for 15 years so parking wise I have some suggestions for anyone attending later in the season.

Fan Experience

• So my wife broke her foot 5 days ago and went to the game Sunday. We had a plan to get her around but we honestly were not sure of what the services were or were not for her by the Bills. Got to give major props because it was sensational. They had a golf cart that takes you to the gate, fans were very gracious even if drunk to her, once we got through they got a wheel chair so she could take the elevator to the 100s right to our section. On the way out soon same thing which really was just fantastic. Please stay patient as other people have aliments and they will take care of everyone it just may take a minute or two.
  • PARKING- We came from Tonawanda and it is about 20-25 minutes to the stadium so leaving at 8:30 we got to 20A at 9:00 and were parked in Lot1 Bills Fieldhouse lot by 9:30. The big thing is private lots especially Kettles were full by 8:30 am as the RV's and Trailers are now taking those with the camper lot gone. This has caused a domino effect where people can't go to lots they normally do and scramble elsewhere slowing things down big time. My best suggestion is to leave earlier then normal and have patience. Bills lots are a little pricier but you will have a better shot getting in there. I imagine things will improve a bit as this was the first rodeo for everyone from fans, to bills workers, to cops etc... but you will need to adjust accordingly. IF you are willing to walk parking at house lots on big tree or abbott or the surrounding area which are 10 mins or less might be a good option. That is my backup plan if I attend another game
  • I thought the tailgate environment was normal but energy wise a bit subdued compared to the last few years. Not sure if that was because of the parking delaying people, the stinker on Monday night tempering peoples emotions, the fact the hype has in general gone down a little compared to 21/22. Still a great time was had, but comparatively just felt more of a 7-8 compared to the 9-10 energy feel of the last two years.
  • In stadium I thought once the Bills got going the crowd finally for maybe the first time a 9-10 months relaxed. After the first drive for the Raiders and the subsequent 3 and out by the Bills the tension was boiling by fans and boos were out. But once the offense got its groove and the game was moving it finally felt like fans across the board relaxed and realized its ok to have fun and the SB was not going to be won or lost in one day. It is just one week and hopefully even play across the board stays consistent so things can just settle out a bit, but after the Monday debacle and what has felt like 10 months of unending crap since Josh's arm got hurt, normal was nice to finally have.
  • The crowd was deafening at points, it was really fun, nothing like it and such a special experience (do not take it for granted if you are able to go as so many wish they could).

Bills Football Thoughts

• Allen had the bounce back game which you would expect and he did a very good job taking what was given. The two things that stuck out to me with him was this:
    • I am a big star wars fan and Yoda when training Luke tells him at one point "you must unlearn what you have learned". We know Josh you can now accurately throw the ball anywhere and torch defenses in incredibly awesome great ways. But Monday showed you it is not always needed and can you keep it to the times when it is needed. He has had his bad outings before so he has to prove long term he can keep doing what yesterday was, BUT the one small difference I found was he seemed to finally enjoy to an extent picking a team apart whereas in the past he just did it because he had to. The day will come he needs to 2021 KC style and I am expecting a few more playoff games where we buckle up and off he goes. Brady, Mahomes now and many other top QBs take pleasure out of not just beating you on the big plays but ripping you with a thousand paper cuts. Yesterday was maybe the first time Josh did it but maybe found a way to channel the intensity and joy he finds in the big play in the small.
    • The Raiders defense is not good, but it seemed as the game went on he started finally trusting his guys not named Diggs with the ball. Knox and Kincaid he I think is now understanding are a wonderful duo that will do wonders on short-medium routes so just get them the ball. The Davis TD was right in front of me and what a play by both. My favorite play actually though was on a rollout scramble with 7:21 left Josh could've ran for a few yards but he saw Davis open 8-10 yards downfield and dropped over the defender. Davis went 40 yards total and it was a classic play of take a nice gain and your guy made it even bigger.
  • O-line looked superb and Spencer Brown had a really nice game and it was against a very good DE in Crosby. He will need to do this over the long term, but in 21' his play was that of a solid starter maybe healthy he returns to form.
  • Cook is going to make opposing defenses lose their mind with his speed and vision. Keep feeding him.
  • Defense was great, the D-line is going to be a nightmare throughout which is good because watching the Dolphins game they will need to disrupt Tua to keep him off. When Tua has time he is lethal, but once NE started messing his reps and getting through he can be slowed. That will be the big test to me in 2 weeks for which side prevails between the Phins O and Bills D.
  • Matt Milano has been the most important Bill on defense since 2017 and nothing has changed other then he is just going to get another All Pro spot this year. I love watching him play so much, so smart, so intense, and just makes plays.
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.