GIPHY not working

SDS

14 hours ago, SDS said:

because people don’t want to load a thread where every knucklehead posts a 10 MB image in the same thread.

I hear ya, and one of the things I love about this board is the relative scarcity of eyeball-popping gifs in avatars and flashing in messages.  I get a headache just thinking about some sites.

The obvious is that there's a lot of room between 10 MB and 204.8 kB, which is the current limit.    Now maybe the limit needs to be 204.8 kB.

But say I'm writing a post about how Allen's anticipation has changed, and I want to illustrate it with a couple of jpegs cropped from film.  I used to be able to just crop them and paste them in.  Now I need to save it as a file then upload it, and possibly re-size it. 

I think we see less illustration of points with film clips and stuff, and that's one of the reasons why.

Not judging, maybe 204.8 kB is where it's at and 500 kB would potentially result in hugely expanded server fees, that's not my lane.  I just know it would be helpful from the posting side if the limit were a bit higher.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.