Kevin Everett update

Funny, but I don't recall seeing this info in the Buffalo News. Is Allen holding out on us! :)

Bills | Everett Surgery Update - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 29 May 2005 16:57:11 -0700

Allen Wilson, writing for the Sporting News, reports Buffalo Bills rookie TE Kevin Everett's (knee) operation to repair a torn ACL in his left knee did not require the major reconstruction surgrey that other Bills have had to have.

The team hasn't ruled out the possibility that he'll return before the upcoming season is over, although that may be optimistic. If the Bills other tight ends can come back healthy, there will be less pressure to get Everett back on the field.

I'm really excited about Everrett. Given the presence of Campbell and Euhus I do not think TD would have drafted him unless he thought he had big play pottential. Having said that Euhus had me quite excited last season before his injury and I could see him pushing Campbell for the starting position. Anyway talk about horrible luck at a position with Campbell and Euhus and now Everrett. Thanks for the update.

I was going to post that but got sidetracked. I remember someone seeing on ESPN a few weeks ago that Everett had a partially torn ACL, not a fully torn one (which would require "major reconstruction" I assume), so I guess he was right. BTW, I still think he doesn't see the field this year, but better news, nonetheless.