Bills RB Latavius Murray to build community center near Syracuse

WhoTom

7 hours ago, klos63 said:

So the Bills will sign him to a $1.3 million dollar contract and he'll turn down an opportunity to play? That makes no sense and goes against everything he said upon signing.  Are you just making stuff up?

You say $1.3M like that's a high end deal. It's really not. The Bills cut OJ Howard after one TC and ate around $3M in dead cap alone. 

As far as "Going against what he said"...2 points to make there. First, you do realize that when players do these press conferences they are just saying what needs to be said, right? Hitting the checklist so to speak. "Play in front of the best fans in the NFL" or "Win a ring"...these are things that get the fans to say "Oh I like this dude". Second, players have lives, hopes and goals outside of a football field. Sounds weird...but like us they are more than their job. Is his priority carrying a football or setting himself up for life after football? I have no idea what his mindset is....but neither do you. Murray has also eluded to his goals in the local community. This Center he's opening is proof of that and him trying to plant roots around here.

As far as am I making stuff up...well, I have said that I am going by a gut feeling. So, in a sense of the word, yeah...it's kind of what people do on a message board. Offer their read on a situation. 

Also, there have been quite a few times where a player on the PS will turn down an offer for a roster spot with another team to stay where they are. This isn't unheard of. Especially when it's something the team has discussed with a player and laid a plan out before hand. The Bills would also have the option to elevate Murray to the active roster should another team try and poach him. Last year he started out on the Saints PS. Shows he's open to a practice squad slot, does it not? Further more, should another team come sniffing around for him The Bills have the option to elevate him off the PS to the active roster to block it. The Saints chose not to last year when the Broncos came for him. And the Broncos came after him only when they lost...what 4 RBs before that? And not one other team had come after him before that. 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.