Was Larry Bird the best 3 point shooter ever?

Another Fan

The problem this subject was there was no three point shot in the NBA during the 1960’s through much of the 1970’s. So we don’t know only the ABA had the three point shot. My pick would still be Wilt Chamberlain. I think Wilt Chamberlain is the best basketball player I ever saw. Just on that I would take Wilt Chamberlain if they had a three point shot. He was unstoppable again we didn’t see the whole career on him because he refused to play his last year of his contract with the Los Angeles Lakers NBA. And instead of doing the right thing for the championship Wilt gave the Lakers they went to court to stop Wilt from playing in the ABA. Because he signed to be a player coach with the San Diego Conquistadors ABA for $600,000 a season. The ABA which ironically had the three point shot. If Wilt played with the San Diego Conquistadors than the San Diego Sails ABA joined the NBA-ABA merger he would have been 40 years old so it was possible he was playing post NBA-ABA merger. Wilt played professional volleyball until 1979 at age 43 so your talking another 6 years of potential professional basketball the fans didn’t get because of the Lakers, Wilt and the San Diego Conquistadors law suit over the option year. Wilt Chamberlain played a prime year with the Harlem Globetrotters also before he started his professional NBA career and also played professional volleyball with the Seattle Smashers IVA until the International Volleyball Association folded in 1979 in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.