These “catch” replays are ridiculous

Miyagi-Do Karate

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I was really irritated at the overturning of the McKenzie catch. You see this every week. Replays slow down the action,

and then they unnaturally analyze these catches frame by frame and examine the millimeter movements of the ball.

Anyone with any common sense or who has played sports realizes that these are true catches. I feel like replay and the catch rules are ruining the game, and not rewarding players for some really terrific plays. 

I think the rule needs to be that if the receiver gets two feet down and has firm control of the ball, that’s it. All these minor movements of the ball or touching of the ball to the ground are irrelevant.

They don’t need to defy common sense to implement the current bright-line rule that isn’t really working now. 

The catch rules have been screwed up for a LONG time they are much more confusing than clear to many that watch the game . I can remember (but am not sure if it is still in use) a rule that states "the ground can not cause a fumble" yet if the ball moves while in your grasp that's not considered control ?????

But as we saw last night & many other times being football fans if the ball crosses the plain of the goal line & the player slams the ball on the ground after crossing the goal line and the ball comes out it's still a TD 🤔 so wouldn't or shouldn't you like the catch rule have to control the ball through the ground in order for this to be a TD ?????

Then there is the other part of this if you catch the ball and your elbow, knee, butt, hit the ground you are down at that point which is why when they look at replay to see on a first down run or a gaol line stand where the players knee went down to place the ball because he is in fact down the minute his knee hits yet after the "Runner" hits the ground if the ball comes lose it's still all good ????

I guess what ever fits the moment . But i'll never understand it and we will never get a common sense answer to it .

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.