What players are in the '05 supplemental draft?

Does anybody know who will be available in this year's supplemental draft? From what I read, Buffalo should have a chance of adding to their roster. If anybody can shed some insight it would be appreciated.

*Teams with six wins or less are placed together for the initial selection order, followed by another group of non-playoff teams and lastly the playoff teams.

I think supplemental picks are rarely used. I think Houston may have used a 2nd round pick a couple of years ago on Tony Hollings. If you use a pick in the supplemntal draft you lose the pick in the same round in next years draft. So even if the Bills could get a good player in say the second round of the supplemental draft they would lose their 2nd round pick in next year's draft. The big name bouncing around to come out is USC QB Matt Linehart, but I don't see that happening.

The supplemental draft makes sense as part of the TD MO because it is essentially the same as trading a future draft pick (06) with zero value this year for a player it is to be hoped adds value this year (the Bledsoe example where a 2003 pick produced a player who played well enough in 2002 to merit a 200 season Pro Bowl selection) or at least gets a year of valuable practice so he can contribute immediately in the draft year traded (the JP example where he did not contribute to the team in 04, but not only got a year of training which allowed TD/MM to be comfortable making him the starter, but also JP is seen by pundits as likely being the first QB selected this year IF he had stayed in.

However, the two keys to a supplemental pick would then seem to be:

1. Will any player selected in the supplemental contribute this year?

The answer appears to be no as possibilities like QB Linehart are probably a year away as most QBs are and the position is filled on the Bills roster and other folks such as USC DT Wright who may come out are almost certain not to be ready to compete this year even at a position of need like DT.

2. The potential quality of next year's draft is a big factor. Trading the 2005 1st fpr JP now appears to have been a brilliant move because the 2005 class was seen as weak not simply for QBs but at all positions. i do not know enough about the 2006 draft class, but given that 2005 was so weak I'd be surprised if we had two lousy classes in a row. If the 2006 class has some reasonable prospects, one would be reluctant to give up a pick in the supplemental for a player who has little to offer the 2005 team in terms of contribution.