Scouts take on Losman...

to slid is natural - it is like to not fumble, IMO. sure, you can teach a guy, but you either feal pressure and get down and make yourself "small" or you get blasted.

look at steve young who balled up like no other when he felt pressure. and elway learned to hit the deck when he could not move anymore with age. but young had his concusions. plus, when jerry rice is getting open you tend to hold the ball to a tad bit more...

How often do you think Wyche brings this up with him?  I say daily.

330582[/snapback]

JP will be an above average QB it sounds like.

Please tell your lovers and friends that Mr. Wolf had to do it agaaaaiiin!

Please tell your lovers and friends that Mr. Wolf had to do it agaaaaiiin!

there is no way we do not ride willis for 40-45 touches per game this season.  he is that good.  further, if they are stacking the box up, then TC needs to get willis out to catch the ball in the flats, set up sceeens or even have willis throwing the ball on flea flickers.  willis needs to around the ball - or our offense is like 3 years ago = stagnant and predictable and with no zoomability.  JP is to take his chances on 3rd and short to reed or parish and evans and moulds are to stretch the field and force cover 2 nickles to cover them down field, creating mismatches for the slot guys underneth.  the loss of the miami te everett hurts as a TE would have been nice to run these same patterns.  why we did not go after marcus pollard - of the lions i will NEVER KNOW!  age?  money?  what was TD thinking on this?  a **** the bed mistake  :(

330384[/snapback]

I'm pretty confident that if WM's running ability forces a D into taking some exteme measure like putting 8 in the box, that TC and the boys will make them pay.

A lot of the good work that they did with the scheme, play calling and Bledsoe seemed to get lost in the various tirades of folks who wanted to claim Bledsoe was horrible and could do nothing right, but the great thing about the O last season was the way in which Bledsoe's productivity improved by a whole bunch in 2004 0ver his goshawful production in 2003.

Many folks were so deadset against Bledsoe that they refuse to acknowledge reality, but I thibk you have to give TC/MM a lot of credit for a number of specific things they did which improved Bledsoe's production:

1. There use in practice of an alarm clock set to go off 4 seconds after the ball was snapped to remind Bledsoe not to go into his all to familiar pat really seemed to do the same job Parcells did when he coached Bledsoe an SB berth through his constant yelling of throw the damn ball when Bledsoe held onto it to long. Scouting reports that indicate JP may fall victim sometimes to the tapping illness means it may not be time to retire the alarm clock simply because Bledsoe is gonr.

2. The team took advantage of Bledsoe being a 10 year vet who knew how to play fake. The handoff to WM followed by a pitch back to Bledsoe who hit a streaking Evans and the fake QB sneak and turn and pitch to WM who ran for a 40 yard TD was a great call, I did notice in mop-up duty last year that JP showed nice form by continuing to play and thus fake after he had already done the handoff. While I do not expect JP to be as good as Bledsoe in running play fakes and flea flickers, it already lookes like Wyche, TC and MM are schooling him to work on this part of the game where 1st year QBs simply do not implement as well as vets.

3. I had bought the PR and conventional wisdom that Bledsoe was incapable of running at all. However, TC and the braintrust reminded me that while it is absolutely true that Bledsoe is not a run threat, it is simply false to claim he cannot be used as a runner at all. In fact intelligent strategy mandates that you use him as a runner a significant number of times , or else the fate which befell the predictable Kevin Killdrive nonffense will occur and opposing players will completely sell out to run the pass rush.

By successfully running the QB draw for Bledsoe successfully several times last year, this combined with the heightened outside threat of WM to reduce the pass rush or oppnents selling out completely to do their rushing.

I think JP and Bledsoe are totally different QBss, but ironically for the Bills the summary of the vastly differing pluses and minuses of each player will produce roughly the same statistical rating and similar levels of production. However, I am confident that our braintrust will call a game that emphasizes his pluses and maximizes JPs play.