OT - ? Direct TV

NorCal Aaron

Gist is I only watch TV during football season (only got one TV). So is a multiple receiver/room install the way to go if I plan to move the tube between two rooms. Do I really need two receivers (and the 'mirror' fee) or can I use one receiver and run a cable when I switch rooms? Thx.

Hi Aaron,

Glad to help. If you have only one TV you only have the need for one receiver. However if you have multiple TV's I would recommend getting multiple receivers and here is the reason why.

Each receiver costs only $4.99 extra each month and it has all the programming that your main receiver does. For example I have two receivers and two TV's in my den. What you can do is bring in the satellite input into a two way splitter. Then run the two outputs from the splitter into the input of each receiver.

Then attach each receiver output to either your TV, or your recording platform (VCR) or Record DVD Player. If you are attaching to a recording platform, bring the cable from the satellite output to the input of your recording device and then connect the VCR or DVD out to the connection on your TV.

Please let me know if this information is helpful.

Best Regards,

Marc

Hi Aaron,

Glad to help.  If you have only one TV you only have the need for one receiver.  However if you have multiple TV's I would recommend getting multiple receivers and here is the reason why.

Each receiver  costs only $4.99 extra each month and it has all the programming that your main receiver does.  For example I have two receivers and two TV's in my den.  What you can do is bring in the satellite input into a two way splitter.  Then run the two outputs from the splitter into the input of each receiver. 

Then attach each receiver output to either your TV, or your recording platform (VCR) or Record DVD Player.  If you are attaching to a recording platform,  bring the cable from the satellite output to the input of your recording device and then connect the VCR or DVD out to the connection on your TV.

Please let me know if this information is helpful.

Best Regards,

Marc

24387[/snapback]

Marc,

If you run a splitter do you have to watch the same show in both rooms?? :flirt:

Well first ya need a dual LNB dish to allow for multiple receivers. If you have dual LNB than you dont split signal ya run a wire from lnb to each receiver. But back to your question if you are going to move TV around than you can split signal out of receiver one to each room and just move the TV to each room, but get a DTV receiver that has RF remote so you can change channel from any room. If you are interested I have 2 RF receivers with VCR controls and old round dual LNB dish that I might be selling. The receivers are last year model RCAs with VCR controls so DTV receiver can turn your VCR on/off and record so you dont have to be around except to feed VCR tapes.

Marc,

If you run a splitter do you have to watch the same show in both rooms??  :P

24392[/snapback]

Yes. Essentially what you're doing is feeding the OUTPUT of the satellite receiver into two TV's, so whatever channel the receiver is tuned to is what you'll see on each TV.