(OT) I'm so damn sick and tired...

and, believe it or not, I'm not talking about this board.

In Cleveland, pessimism, negativity, and a general sense of impending doom have been raised to an art form...worthy of Picasso. I know these senses have also permeated (sp?) within those 200 miles to my northeast.

Specifically, I speak of LeBron. Many say he's leaving, as soon as this summer. People, he's tied to the Cavaliers through 2007. The new owner of the Cavaliers says he's not going anywhere. The Cavaliers can offer him more $$$ than any other team. Yet, the naysayers here are waiting for the Other Shoe to drop. Doom, despair, and agony on Cleveland, they cry. It's almost as if they want Cleveland to wallow in misery...for it to become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I for one am tired of it. It's why I'm an eternal optomist. I've found that really pisses off the nattering nabobs (to quote, Spiro Agnew, I believe...whose name can be rearranged to spell "grow a penis", but never mind).

The Cavaliers will be better...much more so in the next two years.

Now I turn to the Browns. I really like the Phil Savage-Romeo Crennel combination. The draft was their best in years, at least since the team returned. I think Charlie Frye could eventually be a star QB in the NFL. Maybe the UB fans on this board can tell me what they thought of him, since I only saw Frye play on TV occasionally, leading an upset win over Marshall last season.

My prediction for the Browns is 5-11, but a much stronger 5-11 than previous years. It will take a minimum of three years to turn the Cleveland Browns into a bona fide contender. That is how bad the team is...you saw just how bad when the Bills whomped them by 30 points.

It is my belief that good times are ahead, that the light at the end of the tunnel is not an RTA Rapid train. Sure, work needs to be done, but I am to the point where I HATE negativity and pessimism and refuse to be a part of it any longer.

Of course, criticism and reasoned debate are important. Dissent is as well. It's the vitriol and the poisonous rhetoric that have literally sickened me. It almost sounds like a political commentary on the early 21st century.

Someone needs to be the voice of reason and optomism...and that goes for this board, too.

Mike

In Cleveland, pessimism, negativity, and a general sense of impending doom have been raised to an art form...worthy of Picasso.  I know these senses have also permeated (sp?) within those 200 miles to my northeast.

321656[/snapback]

Dude, it's Cleveland ---- their lake caught on fire for heaven's sake!!!!

Impending doom is a way of life for that city, they just don't know any other way.

Dude, it's Cleveland ---- their lake caught on fire for heaven's sake!!!!

Impending doom is a way of life for that city, they just don't know any other way.

321657[/snapback]

It was the Cuyahoga River, not the lake.

BTW, that happened more than once. The river caught fire at least 3 times in the last century.

Mike

Well, I nominate you, if only for your excellent spelling.  :lol:

321663[/snapback]

Dammit, Nanker, you're right.

OPTIMISM.

mea culpa

((calls Nanker unprintable things under his breath)) :doh:

Mike