RIP Jim Fassel

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

One of the biggest moves of my life was quitting smoking (cigarettes at least.) It was the hardest thing I've ever done I think, but damn do I feel so much better.

I've always been skinny and I associated that with being healthy. I didn't realize people could be thin AND out of shape until I went kayaking w/ my 70 year old grandma and had to take a break every 10 minutes while she didn't even break a sweat. 🤣 It was then that I realized I had a problem.

Oh yeah, RIP Jim Fassel. 🙏

You could even look like an athlete and be out of shape (unlikely but possible esp if you are younger) the best thing I ever did was hassle my mom to stop smoking 15+ years ago. Smoking cuts your life short, degrades the quality of your life as you get older and costs a lot of money.

Hard to justify such a bad habit. 

44 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

RIP

I thought he was going to be the Bills coach before hiring Mularkey.

I thought he would have been a good hire in 2004 as well. Looking at his career post Giants and it is very odd. He went to the Ravens for 3 years coordinating and coaching their offense they weren’t offensive juggernauts but in 2006 his last year with the Ravens they went 13-3 and had a respectable offense.

Then he goes into broadcasting for a few years before returning to coaching in the UFL where granted he was super successful but in a go nowhere league. Then he retired in his early 60’s. Just odd that a coach of his caliber didn’t pop up in the NFL at some point from 2007 to 2012 when he was last coaching.

Just sad to see someone go before their time.

• Like (+1) 1