The Buffalo A's?

Draconator

3 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I saw the Reds play the Mets in 1976 at Riverfront, Seats were great 10 rows behind the Reds dugout

10 rows behind the dugout is good in pretty much any baseball stadium. go up to the top level anywhere.  I went to the Vet and Three Rivers lots of times.  Esstenially the same. They sucked. A lot.

Let's entertain this notion for a minute. Increasing the capacity of Sahlen's to the 45k that it was built for is a mistake.  Building a multi-purpose bowl is also a mistake because the capacity of that will have to be at least 65k to accommodate football.  You'll have acres of empty seats most of the time which is a bad look but they are also terrible seats for baseball.  They'd be better off building a park that fits a snug 30k.  PNC Park fits 38k in Pittsburgh.  As a team, you want it to be a little bit of a tough ticket to get all the time and with the sports viewing habits of the public seemingly changing a smaller ballpark day to day will serve them better than having something with 15k more seats that they have to give away in April and when the team is bad. Does that mean tickets will be more expensive? Yes it does.  

Something that befits the architecture of the city and is very intimate and a little quirky.  Cantilever the upper deck over the lower one as close as you can get it to the field.  Make it feel like the stands are right on top of you. Give it that band box feel (with legitimate field dimensions) and when the team is good the atmosphere will be electric.  The lack of open concourses in the current stadium is a bummer you didn't realize was a bummer until you go somewhere that has them. There of plenty of times I'll go to a game and not even sit in my seat for a couple innings.  I'll got wander the concourse, have a beverage, and watch the game from different vantage points along the way. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.