June 1st Cuts: Who may be available?

MUTiger

I doubt the Bills will pick up any "name" OL help from the June 1 cuts.  McNally seems like a coach who likes to mold his younger guys into what he wants, rather than take older guys developed in another system. 

Look at the Giants OL the last few years J-Mac was there...they sure could have used some experienced cast offs, but kept going with no-name low round/UDFA types (which, to be honest, didn't work all that well in retrospect).

319065[/snapback]

I doubt McNally had much say about the Giants personnel. Accorsi blew up that team and seldom treated OL as a priority.

pretty much no one. teams have figured out how to manage the cap well enough that the cuts come once free agency starts these days. teams have learned that bouncing dead cap money into next season creates messes.  seriously, i doubt anyone even passable comes across the wire.

318811[/snapback]

Teams are manageing the cap by offering back loaded contracts which the player will never see the final year. The player must renegotiate or be cut before the last year of the contract. Players being cut at this time will continue to happen.