Adding speed makes lots of sense

scribo

I believe we'll see MM really open up the playbook this year. He was just dying to try some high-flying, fast-moving schemes last year -- but he was grossly limited by a statue QB and a receiving corps that had but one speedster with hands. Now he has a mobile signal caller and two guys who can fly and catch. Now we’re going to see MM’s real strengths in offensive game planning.

Stretching the field opens up the running game. Look at Oakland. Every team they play this year will have to take at least one defender away from stopping the run to avoid getting burnt deep. Because of the speed the Raiders have in their receivers, I rate Lamont Jordan high as I prepare for my fantasy draft. I believe the drafting of Roscoe also raises McGahee’s value in the same way.

The three other teams in the AFC East have little depth at corner back. Which means having multiple receiving threats could prove very valuable down the stretch. We know the Pats can stop the run. Can they cover two speedsters, Eric Moulds, a tight end and McGahee? Can Miami, who just traded away Patrick Surtain? Or the Jets, considering Donnie Abraham is retiring now?

I believe we'll see MM really open up the playbook this year. He was just dying to try some high-flying, fast-moving schemes last year -- but he was grossly limited by a statue QB and a receiving corps that had but one speedster with hands. Now he has a mobile signal caller and two guys who can fly and catch. Now we’re going to see MM’s real strengths in offensive game planning.

Stretching the field opens up the running game. Look at Oakland. Every team they play this year will have to take at least one defender away from stopping the run to avoid getting burnt deep. Because of the speed the Raiders have in their receivers, I rate Lamont Jordan high as I prepare for my fantasy draft. I believe the drafting of Roscoe also raises McGahee’s value in the same way.

The three other teams in the AFC East have little depth at corner back. Which means having multiple receiving threats could prove very valuable down the stretch. We know the Pats can stop the run. Can they cover two speedsters, Eric Moulds, a tight end and McGahee? Can Miami, who just traded away Patrick Surtain? Or the Jets, considering Donnie Abraham is retiring now?

318268[/snapback]

Agree. I wasn't orignally thrilled with the Parrish pick, but after I got over the initial shock (I was expecting an OL), I can see where they're going and now like the pick.