Parrish = Moulds Cap Cut After 2005

Mark VI

Moulds has been in decline for a couple years. Maybe they did see something on film and are taking out insurance. With the rule changes favoring midget WRs these days, they think they can go with Evans/Parrish/Aiken or something.

Moulds will NOT be worth his jack next year. No doubt about that. If those bucks are going to Nate then that explains the lack of attention paid to CB.

I don't know, I'm trying to figure it out too.

315470[/snapback]

So was I when I mentioned the above scenario to Mark soon after the Bills selected Roscoe Parrish. To tell the truth I didn't pay a heck of a lot of attention to wide-outs (my bad) but picking a WR makes sense when you think of how Tom Donahoe has operated in the past by trying to stay a year ahead for the most part in anticipated personnel decisions. The Bills could no way in hades come close to a Moulds clone drafting in the slot they had; but if you read this kids bio-Parrish was a play-maker. Eight highest rated receiver in Ourlads' with a grade of 8.56 on a tens scale.

On TV its hard to tell when a WR isn't getting separation but it was plain to see at RWS. I noticed more than a few occasions where Bledsoe would force the ball in even though Moulds was blanketed. It had seemed to me that Moulds had lost a step. Maybe his hamstring injury nerver fully healed? It has happened before to a very good Bills wide-out- Andre Reed, who never did regain his form after his hammy(?) injury. Older players get hurt easier and more often and at a position like WR were speed is so important loosing a step can mean the end of a career. I don't go ga-ga or however you want to put it, over players anymore. While I love the game of football I can't help but view it more and more as a business. I still admire the players talents while they posses them ever knowing that in the blink of an eye, they too will be gone and a younger, faster player will replace them.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So was I when I mentioned the above scenario to Mark soon after the Bills selected Roscoe Parrish. To tell the truth I didn't pay a heck of a lot of attention to wide-outs (my bad) but picking a WR makes sense when you think of how Tom Donahoe has operated in the past by trying to stay a year ahead for the most part in anticipated personnel decisions. The Bills could no way in hades come close to a Moulds clone drafting in the slot they had; but if you read this kids bio-Parrish was a play-maker. Eight highest rated receiver in Ourlads' with a grade of 8.56 on a tens scale.

On TV its hard to tell when a WR isn't getting separation but it was plain to see at RWS. I noticed more than a few occasions where Bledsoe would force the ball in even though Moulds was blanketed. It had seemed to me that Moulds had lost a step. Maybe his hamstring injury nerver fully healed? It has happened before to a very good Bills wide-out- Andre Reed, who never did regain his form after his hammy(?) injury. Older players get hurt easier and more often and at a position like WR were speed is so important loosing a step can mean the end of a career. I don't go ga-ga or however you want to put it, over players anymore. While I love the game of football I can't help but view it more and more as a business. I still admire the players talents while they posses them ever knowing that in the blink of an eye, they too will be gone and a younger, faster player will replace them.

315737[/snapback]

While your post is well explained , please consider that Roscoe would best suit the team (permanently) as a situational 3rd WR/ Randel El type of prospect. It came right from the mouth of MM

Comments

While your post is well explained , please consider that Roscoe would best suit the team (permanently) as a situational 3rd WR/ Randel El type of prospect. It came right from the mouth of MM

Comments

315745[/snapback]

looking back td told everyone he was oging to address the offense. he said there weren't enough playmakers. he got 2 today.

i can see parish as a long term 3rd wide receiver. he'll never be a one, probably not a conventional 2, but as someone else suggested..... NE runs w/ 4 quality receivers, and is very successful. 2 of them lack size, but are super fast.

if moulds hit next year is 8 mil he'll never be back. his retiring a bill has just as much to do with him as it does rw and td. I don't think this is a replacement. we have a new qb and want to give him a chance to make some plays.

i'm surprised by the picks, but think they;ll help our horrible offense

Also correct me if I am wrong here but the conventional wisdom is that you use a second round pick to get a starter not a third receiver.

315725[/snapback]

This is my thought as well. Parrish might turn out to be everything he's claimed to be, but as a slot receiver (and only a slot receiver), how many times a game is he going to be on the field?

And if this is EM's last year, it means we still have to find his replacement through next year's draft or FA.