Another reason NOT

IUBillsFan

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Sue the crap out of them, people! You don't have to be good with money to teach school, or to build cars, or to do word processing, or to run a network...

What a complete joke... for some reason, people automatically assume that just because you are bad with your own money means that you are incompetent.

BOY, I am so glad some of our famous Presidents and men of science(as examples) never had to go through credit checks! :lol:

I swear to GOD, the whole credit/FICO system is a complete joke.

Too many credit cards, your score goes down.

If you only have one or two cards, your score goes down.

If you use your cards too much, your score goes down.

If you dont use them enough, your score goes down.

If your credit limits are too high, your score goes down.

If you limits are too low, your score goes down.

If your limits are high, but you carry a low balance on the account, its a sign youre a risk for overspending and lenders are reluctant to offer you additional credit.

If your limits are high and you have built a significant balance on the account, its a sign you have overspent and are poor at managing money and lenders are reluctant to offer you additional credit.

Oh, and by the way...to find out how screwed up you are, its going to cost you at least $10 every time you want to check your score to see how you rate.

Its enough to make your head spin and IMO, one of the biggest anti-consumer rackets out there.

Sue the crap out of them, people! You don't have to be good with money to teach school, or to build cars, or to do word processing, or to run a network...

What a complete joke... for some reason, people automatically assume that just because you are bad with your own money means that you are incompetent.

BOY, I am so glad some of our famous Presidents and men of science(as examples) never had to go through credit checks!  :lol:

23269[/snapback]

Of course she is suing becasue she is black...Not becasue she is bad with money.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Of course she is suing becasue she is black...Not becasue she is bad with money.

23297[/snapback]

OHH YEAH... don't EVEN get me started with THAT can of worms... I could be here for days telling everyone why our country is overrun by 'It's someone else's fault' syndrome. I personally am sickened by the whole issue...

Personally, I think it's time we seriously looked at reducing the number of affirmative action programs if this trend continues. There has to be a point where we make the cutoff, and realize that inequality has righted itself, and families and communities should take better care of their own.

Before, I found value in affirmative action. Now, I believe the natural inequality of slavery and Jim Crow has been removed... come on people, police your own before blaming others for your problems!

OHH YEAH... don't EVEN get me started with THAT can of worms... I could be here for days telling everyone why our country is overrun by 'It's someone else's fault' syndrome. I personally am sickened by the whole issue...

Personally, I think it's time we seriously looked at reducing the number of affirmative action programs if this trend continues. There has to be a point where we make the cutoff, and realize that inequality has righted itself, and families and communities should take better care of their own.

Before,  I found value in affirmative action. Now, I believe the natural inequality of slavery and Jim Crow has been removed... come on people, police your own before blaming others for your problems!

23314[/snapback]

Careful, you are starting to sound conservative. You don't want to have the RNC calling you for contribution do you?

Careful, you are starting to sound conservative.  You don't want to have the RNC calling you for contribution do you?

23468[/snapback]

I was just getting ready to say the same thing. He must really hate Bush because Kerry will do nothing but give the lazy an extra crutch or two on which to hobble through life.

Before, I found value in affirmative action. Now, I believe the natural inequality of slavery and Jim Crow has been removed... come on people, police your own before blaming others for your problems!

23314[/snapback]

[/quote

Yours maybe...not mine!

Well, 'bad with money' covers a lot of ground. Running up credit cards that you have no ability to pay off is not 'bad with money' IMO. It's being an idiot and I think it does mean one is incompetent (or at least completely irresponsible).

I think of 'bad with money' as not properly handling investments and retirement, etc. which does take a certain level of intelligence and education.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Careful, you are starting to sound conservative.  You don't want to have the RNC calling you for contribution do you?

23468[/snapback]

I keep telling everyone that I'm moderate; I can make educated decisions about where I stand with certain issues! :flirt:

I wonder if she was given a chance to explain her report? I had some negative things on mine from fraud. I had them cleared up with the big 3 reporting agencies but didn't know about them until I bought my own report. Either way I don't think its fair to deny someone a job because of a credit report, especially without a chance to explain any negative information.