for the truly geeky draft analyst

One of the things that comes to mind for me is how New England has won 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls and they gave up a 1st round pick for Bellichick and how Tampa gave up 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders for Gruden. Maybe it is better to use draft picks on coaches not players.

Dungy was a better coach that Gruden. Parcells was a better coach that Billicheck.

Their predecessors set up the team that they took to the show. I do have to give props to Billicheck though... he took a good team and made it great... Gruden still has not proven anything in my book. Not that I don't think he is a good coach, I just think that he is not worth two 1sts and two 2nds better than Dungy.

Dungy was a better coach that Gruden.  Parcells was a better coach that Billicheck.

Their predecessors set up the team that they took to the show.  I do have to give props to Billicheck though... he took a good team and made it great... Gruden still has not proven anything in my book.  Not that I don't think he is a good coach, I just think that he is not worth two 1sts and two 2nds better than Dungy.

311811[/snapback]

No offence Buckeye Bill but I do not buy your argument about Bellichick as Parcells was gone from NE for some time when Bellichick took over. Pete Carrol was the coach there for 3 years and made quite a mess of things. remember New England was 5-11 Bellichick's first season and I do not think we can put that on him. As for Gruden I think he gave that team toughness. I always thought Dungy was too soft and him coupled with Peyton Manning is why I never see a Super Bowl for the Colts. Gruden also brought the offense of Tampa to a place it never was under Dungy ao Dungy deserves blame for not hiring a quality offensive coordinator.