Bills Team Captains For 2004

Mark VI

all good... not voting for bledsoe would have been tough, but if i had to pick anyone else, it would be henry. Not the brightest or vocal (i think), but what an example he shows on the field. Wire as capt. should boost his confidence. now if he could beat the triple team and switch his number to 89, he's be a lookalike.

Drew Bledsoe, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes and Coy Wire ( ST's ).

Selected by the players in a team vote. 

Sorry if this has already been posted.

23112[/snapback]

Two captains on defense? Can't they make up their mind? :lol:

This just confirms who the heavy hitters are on our team. I think it is or should be clear to each and every person involved with our team that these are the players who lead in all aspects of the game.

Good for Coy being voted for STs captain. We all too readily bash him here at TSW - and it's clearly unfounded. That man works hard to do the best job he can - and I for one do not see too much of a drop off in play with him filling in for Milloy.

This just confirms who the heavy hitters are on our team. I think it is or should be clear to each and every person involved with our team that these are the players who lead in all aspects of the game.

Good for Coy being voted for STs captain. We all too readily bash him here at TSW - and it's clearly unfounded. That man works hard to do the best job he can - and I for one do not see too much of a drop off in play with him filling in for Milloy.

23171[/snapback]

I certainly have been one who viewed Wire at safety as a work in progress and an adventure at best. I think this vote actually confirms what I have advocated all along that the major way for him to contribute to this team is by focusing on being the next Steve Tasker rather than trying to round this square peg trying to make him into the next Kurt Schulz.

I think the Bills have really wasted a lot of Wire's talent and contribution moving him around from SS to ST to FS. Injuries will push him into a prominent role as a back-up for Milloy (after a couple of years of learning through "interesting" decision-making I think he will up to the job), but one reason I want Milloy back is so that Wire can focus fulltime on the area where I think he can make his biggest difference as a Bill.

Drew Bledsoe, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes and Coy Wire ( ST's ).

Selected by the players in a team vote. 

Sorry if this has already been posted.

23112[/snapback]

No, this is the 1st some of us have heard of it. Remember, alot of us don't live anywhere near Buffalo.

Kudos.

Personally, I would've cast the tie-breaker to London myself. He's been here longer and means alot more to the defense than most of us give him credit for.

I can bet that TKO would've done the same thing. He's a team player and always has been.

Now that Wire is starting at SS, I hope he doesn't play alot on teams until Milloy gets back. We can't lose him or we're screwed there.