Travis Henry Will Be Traded to the Eagles

joesz

The fact that the Eagles are trying to sign Henry to a long term contract tells me that the Eagles and Bills have settled on the terms of a trade, which would go through if an agreement on a contract is reached.

What would the trade look like? Since Donahoe has insisted on a 2nd round pick, I expect the Bills to either receive the high 2nd round pick the Eagles got from the Dolphins, or the Eagles low 2nd plus another pick, either a 4th or 5th round pick. I think the latter is more likely, given the number of picks the Eagles currently have.

The Bills could do something interesting with that lower pick. I really think the Bills would like to get Shelton from the Cardinals, given the fact that they seem interested in the Henry/Shelton trade, but felt they needed more, ie a swap of 2nd round picks. If the trade Henry/Shelton falls through, who is left that is still interested in Shelton. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cards would accept a 4th round pick from the Bills for Shelton.

Of course, the Bills may decide to wait for June 1st to see if the Cards decide to release Shelton. If the Cards don't release Shelton at that point, a trade for a future pick would still be possible.

Philly is your safe option, due to the fact they have tons of draft picks..but this is something that's going to go down to draft day obviously..and I wouldn't be surprised if this trade went down and to somebody we never would have thought of..or this trade doesn't go down at all..That's just TD's speed..The D in Donahoe stands for " Draft Day Drama "

I read on BillsDaily that the Eagles and Henry had been trying to workout a longterm deal.

I don't know how credible it is...or if that's where the original poster even got his info from.

307667[/snapback]

Is their a link to this article?

What would the trade look like? Since Donahoe has insisted on a 2nd round pick, I expect the Bills to either receive the high 2nd round pick the Eagles got from the Dolphins, or the Eagles low 2nd plus another pick, either a 4th or 5th round pick. I think the latter is more likely, given the number of picks the Eagles currently have.

I like this idea, It would be worth it.

Jeff