[ot] I watched Canadian Bacon last time

udonkey

I used to have a high regard for that movie. For the first time, I realized that it was written, produced, and directed by Michael Moore.

I damn near vomited when there was actually a scene (after John Candy and co. "invade" Ontario) where Michael Moore was wearing a Bills hat.

:doh::)

I used to have a high regard for that movie.  For the first time, I realized that it was written, produced, and directed by Michael Moore.

I damn near vomited when there was actually a scene (after John Candy and co. "invade" Ontario) where Michael Moore was wearing a Bills hat.

:)  :lol:

307487[/snapback]

GASP! You mean you can't cast people in black & white terms! You mean the person who advocates for the politically progressive ideas you are so scared of can make or say something you like? Someone you hate did something you like?No way! :doh:

Dude, Showtime has been showing this movie non-stop for the last month. I must have caught it at least 5 times in the past week alone. I guess they must be using it as filler in the schedule.

I used to have a high regard for that movie.  For the first time, I realized that it was written, produced, and directed by Michael Moore.

:doh:  :)

307487[/snapback]

Michael Moore or not, I love the scene where Dan Akroyd stops the garbage truck and makes them translate all the graffiti into French.....so as not to offend "Le Quebecois"................Priceless!!! :lol:

GASP! You mean you can't cast people in black & white terms! You mean the  person who advocates for the politically progressive ideas you are so scared of can make or say something you like? Someone you hate did something you like?No way!  :doh:

307522[/snapback]

yea yea yea, pinko...save your sarcasm for someone who gives a stojan

:)

Did you know Moore and Rush Limbaugh have the same agent? They both helped the Bush campaign from different sides of the table. Rush pulls in the faithful, and Moore only allows the discussion to go so far.

The Republicans knew the left will have to have some leader of their own. So to make sure he looked stupid they contracted Michael Moore. He acts so stupid, looks so disgusting and is a perfect target for Rush Limbaugh that he was very useful to the Right. As the results of the presidential election show, he made more people vote for Bush. A very useful tool. At the same time Moore's platform stopped well short of touching on the real problems. But after all, he was only doing what he was paid to do.

As for the movie ~ I am a big fan of John Candy way back to the SCTV days. But I thought Canadian Bacon wasn't one of his best efforts.