Why?

So, I'm driving in to work this morning and I come across a road crew in Ontario County. Seven men out picking up garbage on the side of the road. Not inmates mind you but states employees each earning more than likely 30-40K per year to pick up garbage.

Where are the inmates damn it! Oh, I know watching cable. More wasted tax dollars....makes me sick.

So, I'm driving in to work this morning and I come across a road crew in Ontario County. Seven men out picking up garbage on the side of the road. Not inmates mind you but states employees each earning more than likely 30-40K per year to pick up garbage.

Where are the inmates damn it! Oh, I know watching cable. More wasted tax dollars....makes me sick.

302476[/snapback]

Come on, you know better than that. It's "demeaning" to force convicted felons to pick up litter.

Demeaning... yeah you are right. Convicts do deserve a better life for killing someone than they did before. No more manual labor, just sit and enjoy their cable, weight-lifting, and occasional congical (sp?) visits. While people work hard to get the 3 square meals a day, can't afford a gym membership, and try to watch their normal TV with 2-3 fuzzy channels.

Our system is screwed up.

While people work hard to get the 3 square meals a day, can't afford a gym membership, and try to watch their normal TV with 2-3 fuzzy channels.

302542[/snapback]

I don't know anyone in this category. That doesn't mean they don't exist but I've been to some of the most remote regions in this country and I still see satellite dishes mounted on shacks.

Demeaning... yeah you are right.  Convicts do deserve a better life for killing someone than they did before.  No more manual labor, just sit and enjoy their cable, weight-lifting, and occasional congical (sp?) visits.  While people work hard to get the 3 square meals a day, can't afford a gym membership, and try to watch their normal TV with 2-3 fuzzy channels.

302542[/snapback]

I still wouldnt switch places with them. I dont know about you but I kind of like sitting around the house NOT worrying about getting ass pounded or shanked at any given time.