'90 Bills highlight film on E-Classic last night

...the thing that struck me was how loaded that team was. Filled with playmakers in all three units. And the games they won that year...the comeback vs. Denver, 24-0 first quarter lead vs. the Iggles, winning the division vs. Dieami, the memorable home playoff games vs. the Felons and the Faiders. It's just a shame that they couldn't close the deal in Tampa and win the whole thing.

We may never see the likes of that '90 Bills team again. That was a special year.

...the thing that struck me was how loaded that team was.  Filled with playmakers in all three units.  And the games they won that year...the comeback vs. Denver, 24-0 first quarter lead vs. the Iggles, winning the division vs. Dieami, the memorable home playoff games vs. the Felons and the Faiders.  It's just a shame that they couldn't close the deal in Tampa and win the whole thing.

We may never see the likes of that '90 Bills team again.  That was a special year.

302311[/snapback]

All those All-Pros - Ritcher and Wolford, Reed, Thomas and Kelly, Bruce, Conlan, Talley and Bennett, Tasker - what a special group of players. And Marv "When it's too tough for them - IT'S JUST RIGHT FOR US"

"That ball is...caught by Willie Gault....and it is taken away!"

One of the few videos I own. I've seen that season's video roughly 5,000 times and have virtually every game's score memorized.

They even made JD Williams look good. Gotta love highlight videos.

I think we knew in retrospect that the season would be special when we got our asses handed to us by Miami in the second game of the season or thereabouts. If I recall right the score was 37-10 and Louis Oliver had a monster game. But the memory I have is of Bruce and Biscuit yelling at Marv on the sidelines in the fourth quarter after they were removed from the game to avoid needless injury.

Most players would have just packed it in in a game like that, but the fact that our leaders were so highly pissed to be pulled from a seemingly hopeless game said a LOT about their competitiveness. They never thought they were out of ANY game, no matter how little time was left. They proved it later in the year against Denver and the Raiders, and again and again in future years (Beebe chasing down Lett in XXVII, the Comeback Game, etc.)

That attitude IMO came straight from Kelly and filtered down through the whole roster. I don't think Jimbo thinks he ever lost a game in his whole life... he just ran out of time on a few occasions is all. THAT attitude is what got us four Super Bowl appearances and THAT attitude is what we need again.

I think we knew in retrospect that the season would be special when we got our asses handed to us by Miami in the second game of the season or thereabouts.  If I recall right the score was 37-10 and Louis Oliver had a monster game.  But the memory I have is of Bruce and Biscuit yelling at Marv on the sidelines in the fourth quarter after they were removed from the game to avoid needless injury. 

302453[/snapback]

It was 30-7, and they beat the Jets by the same score on Mon. Night the following week. Thurman had a monster game 200+ yards.

OK I admit, I'm just showing off now.

It was 30-7, and they beat the Jets by the same score on Mon. Night the following week.  Thurman had a monster game 200+ yards.

OK I admit, I'm just showing off now.

302460[/snapback]

My turn to show off.

It was 214 yards and they took Thurman out midway through the second half, otherwise he probably would have broken what was then still Payton's record.

...winning the division vs. Dieami, the memorable home playoff games vs. the Felons and the Faiders.

302311[/snapback]

I have such great memories of those three games, especially.

* Winning the division against Miami. Kelly was out for that game, having sustained an injury the week before against the Giants. If I recall right, loudmouthed Dolfelon CB Tim McKyer said something like "The Bills without Jim Kelly are like a hand without a thumb." Reich made him pay for that.

* Beating Miami two weeks later in the divisional round. Kelly was back, and so was McKyer, who said, "I challenge Jim Kelly to throw my way." Bad move. Kelly's first TD pass -- on the first drive of the game, as I recall -- was to James Lofton, who beat McKyer like a rented mule.

* Oh, man, that Raiders game. We all knew it was over when the Raiders called timeout on the Bills' first possession. We'd been using the no-huddle all year but the Raiders actually looked SURPRISED to see it. Then, as they jogged off the field at halftime with the score 41-3, I turned to my buddy and said, "I think we're going to the Super Bowl," to which he merely replied, "I think we are." Then we just sat there for the rest of the half with big smiles on our faces, saying nothing and just savoring the moment. Aside from the Comeback, that was the high point of those years, no question, that moment right there when we KNEW we were going to the Super Bowl.