Inserting ranking of Running Backs

VABills

Mcgahee at #2, and Pet Rock at #26.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3523690

Seems a little high for Willis, probably right on Travis.

A couple of things I completely disagree with on this ranking,

No way Martin is #29 (too low)

No way Julius Jones is #3 (too high)

No way Tatum Bell is #10 (too high)

Other then that the list is within reason.

In fantasy football I think they ahve it about right - it is about projecting what they will do in the coming season based upon last season. If Willis gets his speed back - those 20-30 yard runs will be 50-60 yard runs.

I think kevin jones should be ranked higher. He is sweet to watch. The last 5 games of the season he absolutly ripped it up

| 13 ari | 26 196 | 22 | 1 |

| 14 gnb | 33 156 | 0 | 1 |

| 15 min | 19 79 | 35 | 1 |

| 16 chi | 25 123 | 8 | 1 |

| 17 ten | 19 72 | 44 | 0 |

He should be ranked higher, but yes I agree with the assessment that his redzone touches need to increase, but I'd rank him over bell, and steven jackson and julius jones.

The way I'd rank my top 10 fantasy backs is as follows

1. Priest Holmes- Yes there are some injury concerns however his production can not be ignored 41 tds the last 2 years. Last year had 14 tds in 8 games. Anyone who drafts his backup over holmes is nuts.

2. Ladanian Tomlinson- The best dual threat in the business. his ypc was low last year but this is fantasy and unless your league counts ypc 18 tds 17 rushing 1 receiving is great value for the best pure back in the league

3. Shaun Alexander- Productive year in and year out. No injury problems and young, with not much wear and tear. Will take a hit if he leaves the nfc west, but still great value for any fantasy league. Sure fire double digit tds and over 1300 yards rushing

4. Kevin Jones- I love the kid, He's lightning fast and should be a shoe in for 1400 and double digit tds if he gets the redzone carries

5. Deuce Mcallister- the saints seem to have forgetten mcallister, but they should start relying on him heavily, it will keep aaron brooks from making dumb mistakes and keep their horrible defense off the field. Plus it's a contract year. Let the deuce lose- Season prediction- 1350 13 tds 35 catches 360yards 4 tds

6. Edgerin James- Durability after 2100 career carries starts to become a issue. Seems to finally returned to form though after his injury a few years back. The edge shoe in for double digit rushing tds 1200 yards and catches as well.

7. Willis Mcghaee- 13 tds in 11 games. If he gets back that breakaway speed, all bets are off. Will be relied upon heavy only improving his stock, but I ranked him here cause of uber strong defensive division. Season projections- 1455 yards 19 tds <this is based off the 11 games he "started" last season>

8. Tiki Barber- Probably the 2nd best all purpose back in the nfl next to tomlinson, and with some weapons on the giants offense, burress, shockey, toomer, and david tyree to all stretch the field. Tiki will see a lot of short dumpoff passes and should be relied upon heavy to take pressure off of eli.

9. Clinton Portis- Say what you want about last season, but it was his first year in a new system with a horrible offense, an attrocious oline and a system who basically ran the same stretch run and off tackle play all the time. He finished off the season with 3 pretty good games. I expect him to build on that and get back to 1400+ and double digit td's

10. Corey Dillon- The one game he missed probably cost him the rusheing title. Had a huge season and should be relied upon more as I don't expect whoever ne's offensive coordintor is to get fancy with the play calling. Keep it simple and hand corey the rock. He won't dissapoint.

<Honorable Mention: Curtis Martin, Domanick Davis, Ahman Green, Julius Jones, Stephen Jackson>

1. Ladanian Tomlinson - complete package.....touchdown machine, quality pass catcher.

2. Shaun Alexander - can't ignore the amount of touchdowns he has had the past couple of years.

3. Willis McGahee

4. Corey Dillon - I think the Pats are going to rely on him quite a bit this year.

5. Rudi Johnson - with a decent line and a burgeoning passing game, Rudi is going to see his share of tds increase.

6. Clinton Portis - year 2 in DC should be an improvement....Ramsey will rely on Portis a lot. Getting Jansen back on the OLine will be a big help.

7. Domanick Davis - has become the focal point of the team's offensive attack. Very productive.

8. Kevin Jones - Have an inkling we will see a breakout year from this kid. Again, a team that should rely on the running game.

9. Edge James - Ended up being ignored in the red zone. Think he will get his fair share of td opportunities this year, if he remains in Indy.

10. Steven Jackson - bit of a wildcard pick here. Ran well when he played. Marshall is a hangnail away from missing a lot of time. Quality passing game helps open up running lanes for the ground game.

Others to watch: Ahman Green, Julius Jones, CMart, Westbrook.

Don't like the Padre Holmes at all. Knee, hip, he has taken a beating. I'll let another team in my league take him way too early.

Mcgahee at #2, and Pet Rock at #26.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3523690

Seems a little high for Willis, probably right on Travis. 

A couple of things I completely disagree with on this ranking, 

No way Martin is #29 (too low)

No way Julius Jones is #3 (too high)

No way Tatum Bell is #10 (too high)

Other then that the list is within reason.

300211[/snapback]

With this being for a keeper league, the younger guys are going to be ranked high. As it was said earlier "when was the last time a denver RB had a bad season." McGahee may have a spot or two too high but the author at least made good reason why he put him there with "2 Willis McGahee Bills 24 If he's this good one year after surgery, upside is unlimited … Only worry is strong defensive division."

Btw, i good a good kick out of this one "74 Adi Echemandu Browns 25 Good Scrabble score." :D