(Way OT) What do they do in Buffalo

I think the real issue here is that you and the Mrs don't want to be seen as the parents of the kid who rides "the short bus".

Look, it's your kid - either way you should love her and encourage her. Help with with the hockey helmet once in a while, but let her learn to snap the strap by herself.

What's the worse thing that could happen? Just think how popular she'll be as the only kid in middle school with a driver's license. In high school, she's bound to be invited to every "cool kid" party - being the only one old enough to buy booze in her sophomore year.

Hey, BRH, I'd send my kids to Harley. I'll take care of them!

My kids went to Penfield virtually at the same time. They loved Mr. Doe's classes. I'll PM you and see if you knew them.

299863[/snapback]

Gotcha. I did know your older son vaguely, I think. True story re: Harley... I was rejected for admission there in first grade because I *ahem* "lacked the social skills" to succeed (I had spent my kindergarten year at a private schoolhouse across from Midvale CC where one of the teachers was the wife of the Harley headmaster, and for reasons that are still unknown to me I decided to spend my last six months there not speaking at all). So when my daughter was accepted at Allendale, yes, I admit it... I felt a small measure of vindication. :blink: