Baldy's Breakdown of Allen vs Panthers

CNY315

6 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

The first year they Lost/Traded Darby and Gilmore and Watkins.

They also spent the first two years fixing the cap and taking BPA. 

So, from my perspective, they were replacing needs. If you are breaking up a previous incarnation of your team are you really building.

Building started in year two with Star being a major addition. Couple Star with Edmunds and one could see that McBeane was building from the inside out.

Also, year three of the McDermott regime is year two for McBeane. This team is still not a finished product and we have a serious need at WR still. 

So, if you want to argue that Draft picks are the only measure of how a team is constructed, yes, you are right.

However, I Respectfully disagree with you. I saw guys being replaced with like guys in year one and an emphasis on the O-Line and interior Defense ( including MLB) since. 

McD was the de facto GM in his first offseason.

It wasn't only the first 4 top draft picks that were used to build this team from the periphery inward.........safeties Hyde and Poyer were McD's first UFA's.

Doesn't fit the axiom most associated with success but for better or worse they began their roster re-tool from the outside in.