Hospice care

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Sorry folks. I am drunk and miserable tonight, so yall get to read or ignore my post, but I get to get ***** off my chest without paying a therapist! 

This Pancho news hit me hard, not cause he died, shoot we all die. It was the news the night they started him on the morphine drip cause he was agitated and having panic attacks.

I have been with both my Mom and my Brother when they get there..and man I can't stop thinking we have to figure out this end of life ***** better. I can still see my Mom, supposedly sedated and waiting to the end, agitated  and embarrassed as all  get all as I had to clean her.....and, my brother, when he was supposedly "sleeping comfortably" and sedated   as fug..getting agitated  as fug when the nurses insisted he had a fever and he did not need covers...and I knew he was cold..and he let us know he was cold...and I had to insist we put covers on him

i dunno the answers, I am just very sad tonight..and know we need to do a better job at this stuff..sorry

https://www.deathwithdignity.org/

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Sorry folks. I am drunk and miserable tonight, so yall get to read or ignore my post, but I get to get ***** off my chest without paying a therapist! 

This Pancho news hit me hard, not cause he died, shoot we all die. It was the news the night they started him on the morphine drip cause he was agitated and having panic attacks.

I have been with both my Mom and my Brother when they get there..and man I can't stop thinking we have to figure out this end of life ***** better. I can still see my Mom, supposedly sedated and waiting to the end, agitated  and embarrassed as all  get all as I had to clean her.....and, my brother, when he was supposedly "sleeping comfortably" and sedated   as fug..getting agitated  as fug when the nurses insisted he had a fever and he did not need covers...and I knew he was cold..and he let us know he was cold...and I had to insist we put covers on him

i dunno the answers, I am just very sad tonight..and know we need to do a better job at this stuff..sorry

I think the amazing part about the story is that when they needed you, you were there.  From assisting your mom, who did the same for you when she brought you home, to knowing what your brother needed and taking care of it, in my opinion these are some of the most beautiful stories of a life.  It's taken me nearly 3 decades to get here after the loss of my father, and it sucks something awful, but providing solace, comfort and love to people you love is a damn good thing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1