You are my sunshine

IBTG81

I think the best line in O Brother was where Pappy O'Daniel was talking to his son and said:

"you're lucky your momma died giving birth to you, otherwise she'd die from shame."

:doh:

That song rocks! I can listen to that all day!

And I did like the movie, but I'm getting tired of seeing Homer's Odyssey remade over and over again. That being said, I did enjoy this one, just wish Hollywood could get some original ideas out.

288768[/snapback]

The Odyssey is the basis for tons of movies, so you won't be watching many if you choose not to watch those inspired by The Odyssey. A review for my all time favorite movie, The Hustler, starts off by calling the movie, "The Odyssey in a pool room." That's pretty much it.

The Odyssey is the basis for tons of movies, so you won't be watching many if you choose not to watch those inspired by The Odyssey.  A review for my all time favorite movie, The Hustler, starts of by calling the movie, "The Odyssey in a pool room."  That's pretty much it.

290051[/snapback]

Havent seen that, but perhaps I will.

Havent seen that, but perhaps I will.

290065[/snapback]

It's a great movie. If you've ever seen The Color of Money, it's the story of what happened to Paul Newman's character, Fast Eddie, 25 years earlier. What Tom Cruise was in that movie, Newman was in The Hustler. He had a much tougher go of it than Cruise did, though.