2017 Bills vs 2018 Bills... not much difference actually

ShakAttack

8 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

TT 8-6 as a starter, 14 TD, 4 INT, and 62.6 % comp, 186 YPG.  Add 427 Yards rushing and 4 rush TD.

Allen 3-5 as a starter, 5 TD 9 INT 52.4% comp. 158 YPG.  Add 490 yards, and 5 Rush TD.

Can you define completely outplayed?  There is no way other than having a racial bias can you say Allen is playing better than TT did last year.  

Does Allen have move upside and potential than TT.  No argument from me.  I love the kid and wanted to draft him over any other QB(posted multiple times pre-draft).  He looks like he will be far greater than TT ever was if he continues to develop.  But he is a rookie making rookie mistakes.  With TT not turning the ball over, this team probably has two maybe three more wins and is right in the playoff hunt.  With the non-black QBs on the 2018 team they were out of the playoff race before Halloween.  

Race is not a factor in QB play and it is embarrassing that you would even bring that up. Tyrod is a very good backup QB in this league. He will be able to keep a team around .500 when a starting QB is injured. Tyrod won’t lose you a game with turnovers but will also not make plays to win a football game (except with his legs in rare instances). If your team wins the turnover battle or has a really good running game you have a really good chance to win with Tyrod. If the running game is average or you tie/lose the turnover battle you are probably going to lose with Tyrod. He is also one of the worst third down QBs in the league. He had a very high 3 and out percentage and rarely converted third and longs because he was an ultra conservative passer.

It really comes down to what you value in your QB. If turnovers are your number 1 priority than you could argue Tyrod is better. If you want a playmaker back there than Allen is obviously better. Allen has probably converted more third and longs the last three weeks than Taylor converted all of last season. You could also argue that Allen is the better runner. Now to clarify I don’t think the Allen up to the Houston game was better. The last three weeks though Allen has been a playmaker, elevated the play of the entire offence, shown leadership, completed big time throws into tight windows on third down, and given his team a chance to win. Is he a finished product? Not even close, but he is already better than Tyrod at this early stage of his career. He also beat the team Tyrod couldn’t in the playoffs (rosters were virtually the same). 

• Like (+1) 1

The defense is better this year.  The offensive line is worse, adversely affecting both pass protection, and even more significantly, the running game.  In terms of team building, Buffalo could actually be ahead. . .if Josh Allen becomes the franchise QB that optimists (and I am one of them) hope he can become.  The step back in certain areas of the team can be easily made up with Buffalo haveing extricated itself from cap h***., with smart free agent signings and wise use of Buffalo's 10 draft picks.  While Buffalo technically has an old team, they have a number of key players who are very young.  They are only going to get better.  Starting with Josh Allen, the offense also has Zay Jones and Robert Foster.  They aren't world beaters yet, but theyy're growing and learning.  Wyatt Teller, is not a great offensive guard yet either, but he's showing some promise.  Dion Dawkins is not as good as Cordy Glenn when Glenn was at his best, but as Teller improves, I think he and Dawkins will be able to solidify the left side of the line.  The defense is where the youth really shines with Milano and Edmunds at linebacker and Tre White at CB.  The jury is out on Levi Wallace.  I think he's got some growing to do.  Harrison Phillips is going to continue improving too.  

Hyde and Poyer are not youngsters, but they still have several good years left.