Bledsoe....contradicting himself on ESPN

mtdoak

Who the F*** cares about DB.  I don't care that he was a loyal teammate, great community guy, fantastic husband & tremendous father.  He was a player on my favorite football team, nothing more, nothing less.  His tenure as a Buffalo Bill was below average and now he is a Dallas Cowboy.  I don't like the Cowboy players, I don't like their owner & I don't like their coaches.  Therefore, I want to see DB fall flat on his face and as always I hope the freakin' Cowboys go 0-16!

Unless someone has a close & personal relationship with DB, I don't know why they would feel any differently.

288205[/snapback]

Wow, you must have had your Wheaties this morning, bro! 0:)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the F*** cares about DB.  I don't care that he was a loyal teammate, great community guy, fantastic husband & tremendous father.  He was a player on my favorite football team, nothing more, nothing less.  His tenure as a Buffalo Bill was below average and now he is a Dallas Cowboy.  I don't like the Cowboy players, I don't like their owner & I don't like their coaches.  Therefore, I want to see DB fall flat on his face and as always I hope the freakin' Cowboys go 0-16!

Unless someone has a close & personal relationship with DB, I don't know why they would feel any differently.

288205[/snapback]

Maybe fellow PBR drinkers can't help but love him. Makes them feel classy.

Maybe fellow PBR drinkers can't help but love him. Makes them feel classy.

288210[/snapback]

I regularly have PBR in the kegerator in my home in the mountains, we drink fridge beer in the Santa Monica beach house because we don't have a full bar there. I had my buddy who owns a famous Hollywood Bar (Barney's Beanery) add it to his drafts and it's become one of his best sellers. My beverage pallette isn't typically challenged by any of the 1000s who attend my Wine Festival every year-

AKCs Wine Festival Link

But it shouldn't surprise me that someone with your "expertise" in the Quarterback position would display a similar expertise in beverage assessment by missing the fact that PBR out of a keg is actually one of this country's better offerings ;-)

AKC, just out of curiosity.....do you have any connection to Upstate NY?

288233[/snapback]

Born and raised in Wellsville NY. Went to college in Alfred NY.

I regularly have PBR in the kegerator in my home in the mountains, we drink fridge beer in the Santa Monica beach house because we don't have a full bar there. I had my buddy who owns a famous Hollywood Bar (Barney's Beanery) add it to his drafts and it's become one of his best sellers. My beverage pallette isn't typically challenged by any of the 1000s who attend my Wine Festival every year-

AKCs Wine Festival Link

But it shouldn't surprise me that someone with your "expertise" in the Quarterback position would display a similar expertise in beverage assessment by missing the fact that PBR out of a keg is actually one of this country's better offerings ;-)

288230[/snapback]

You're a wino? 0:):D

You're a wino? 0:)

288234[/snapback]

In a big way. I've got next weekend booked in Paso Robles for cellar tastings of wines that won't get bottled until later in the year. It's the payoff for all the volunteer hours I put in setting up my Festival.

In a big way. I've got next weekend booked in Paso Robles for cellar tastings of wines that won't get bottled until later in the year. It's the payoff for all the volunteer hours I put in setting up my Festival.

288240[/snapback]

Any free paper bags for carry-out? 0:)

AKC's website reminded me.......For those of you who thought Sideways was one of the best movies ever, it comes out in a week or two on DVD. 0:)

AKC's website reminded me.......For those of you who thought Sideways was one of the best movies ever, it comes out in a week or two on DVD. 0:)

288249[/snapback]

The Academy screener's been out since January. :P:D

The Academy screener's been out since January. :D  0:)

288259[/snapback]

You have access to that? Tell me more, man.....

Are the screener copies mastered to the same standards (audio/video) as what will be released next month?

You have access to that? Tell me more, man.....

Are the screener copies mastered to the same standards (audio/video) as what will be released next month?

288261[/snapback]

Sometimes, not always. For example, Million Dollar Baby didn't have 5.1 sound, though the 16x9 anamorphic video was very nice. In most cases, the major differences are no extras and a little subtitle that comes up on the bottom of the screen for about 10 seconds every 15 minutes or so ("For Your Consideration", or something similar).

I don't remember what distinguished the Sideways screener, it's been a few months since I watched it... if you have access to USENET, just go to alt.binaries.dvdr every January, that's when the Academy screeners get posted.

Any free paper bags for carry-out? 0:)

288242[/snapback]

Oddly that'd be frowned upon while quaffing huge slugs directly from the barrel is considered appropriate etiquette.

I wish I had more of a taste for wine......I'm quite fond of a nice quality champagne, but have never gotten over the hump with wine.

Are there any red wines that are supposed to be chilled, AKC? I think part of my problem is that I don't like alcohol at room temperature.....

I wish I had more of a taste for wine......I'm quite fond of a nice quality champagne, but have never gotten over the hump with wine.

Are there any red wines that are supposed to be chilled, AKC?  I think part of my problem is that I don't like alcohol at room temperature.....

288316[/snapback]

Pinot Noir can be chilled and yes it mellows them some. Some are still quite "strong" but if you have a place that will let you sample some you might find something you like.

Pinot Noir can be chilled and yes it mellows them some.  Some are still quite "strong" but if you have a place that will let you sample some you might find something you like.

288321[/snapback]

Thanks, VA......you are a gentleman and a scholar 0:)

AKC,

Any advice for non sulfite wines?

288344[/snapback]

It's a common area of confusion due to the FDAs requirement that U.S. wines identify sulfites if they exist in small amounts, and yet fermentation causes sulfites naturally that exceed those levels. The question might better be how about wines with no ADDED sulfites- wherein you'll find a few U.S brands who sell them. I've never had one that I'd revisit because they just aren't very good. The key is that winemakers in Europe, Australia, etc., ALL add sulfites to the wine for preservation. You can find organic wines ( that still have sulfites ) with no added sulfites at stores like Wild Oats or other regional health food grocers.

One other thing about sulfites- a lot of peole blame them for allergies and headaches that are almost always actually caused by the histamines in wines versus the sulfites. If you're struggling with the efects of a bottle of wine it might be better to try a decent anithistimine prior to imbibing to see if that cures your ills.