Longer Game Times

Who has noticed over the past few years the games are significantly longer? Whens the last time a game ended at 4? All the penalties and reviews have extended it along with more passing due to a passer friendly league!

Something to ponder- was this planned? Longer games would amount to more revenue from sponsors/advertisement right? 

12 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Who has noticed over the past few years the games are significantly longer? Whens the last time a game ended at 4? All the penalties and reviews have extended it along with more passing due to a passer friendly league!

Something to ponder- was this planned? Longer games would amount to more revenue from sponsors/advertisement right? 

I don’t think so.  Not sure how advertising works for live sports or events, but I don’t think you can bill advertisers if you have extra time to fill due to the length of a game

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I don’t think so.  Not sure how advertising works for live sports or events, but I don’t think you can bill advertisers if you have extra time to fill due to the length of a game

Im not sure either thats why I was wondering. I would think if you take an average length of a game from the previous season w/ more commercial breaks seen it would set a larger contract? Who knows, but the NFL is greedy.