1st round STILL worth watching

who goes ahead and picks some stud defensive player that suddenly has skyrocketed up the draft boards the previous week (this always happens) then the Bills will become front and center trading partners for their 2nd round pick. If a couple of teams do this then there could actually be an all out bidding war for Henry's services. I have a feeling that these so-called "stud" runningbacks will lose their luster come draft day. I forsee a fun draft day after all.

who goes ahead and picks some stud defensive player that suddenly has skyrocketed up the draft boards the previous week (this always happens) then the Bills will become front and center trading partners for their 2nd round pick. If a couple of teams do this then there could actually be an all out bidding war for Henry's services. I have a feeling that these so-called "stud" runningbacks will lose their luster come draft day. I forsee a fun draft day after all.

282041[/snapback]

Right. We all know how many players just "lose their luster" come draft day and how few teams are interested in anything but 20 or so players. :D

It's not that they don't want him.  They're more than happy to keep him as a great backup for just $1.25M.  And TD holding firm at a 2nd rounder also tells others the Bills want him.

282243[/snapback]

The 1.25 I understand, but otherwise I think it's a tap dance that's going on... :D

Well look at last year, I was outside with my buddy and we traded up at got JP. I almost missed it. And I think that your right about Travis. Good post.

Jeff

282049[/snapback]

Until this job I just accepted, I've been working nights for most of the last four years. I remember last year I was trying to stay awake for the draft.........I made it through the Evans pick, but then I dozed off......apparently just the mere mention of the Bills was enough to at least wake me up a little, but I was in a half-in, half-out sort of sleep when the trade for JP went down. I fell back asleep and woke up later on thinking it had all been a dream. Needless to say I was pretty psyched to see the Bills making waves in the draft again. Hopefully TD will do it again this year. I may be in the minority, but I love draft day......I can literally sit there and watch it from start to finish.....assuming I can stay awake :D

I think some our ability to trade Henry will depend on his contract demands. I also think that our best bet will be to trade him to a team with an injured starting running back. This may happen after the draft and result in a pick for next year.

When comparing the trade value of Henry, people often point to the Corey Dillon trade to the Patriots. The worry is that we will not get good value for Henry because nobody seems to be interested in a trade for the 2nd round pick the Bills want. But remember, the same thing happened last year to the Bengals when they insisted on a 2nd round pick for Dillon. During the early part of free agency, nobody would offer more than a 3-4 round pick for a player people thought could be a problem in the locker room. It wasn't until just before the draft (think it was about a week before) that Dillon was traded to the Patriots for the 2nd round pick the Bengals wanted.

So we have to remain patient. I belive the same thing will happen with Henry - he will be traded for a 2nd round pick sometime before or during the draft.