This is the "Process"

Mikie2times

You see it all around the league. The modern day blue print for building a Super Bowl contender. It starts at QB but does so in different ways. You either have substantial resources invested in the QB position which likely means you have one of the elite or you position yourself to get the "future" on a rookie contract. First approach forces you to draft well at every position because you likely aren't bringing in a lot of top dollar FA's. Second approach (what we are doing, what most teams are doing), go after your guy, once you got him, maximize FA buying power and create a 3-4 year window to make a run. You see several teams at different progressions in this process. Rams are an example of a team that is executing this perfectly. Bears are an example of a team that is trying to execute this but still question marks at QB. This approach hinges on the guy who you thought was the guy at QB in fact being the guy. I think we shape up in between the Rams and the Bears as far as our outlook but that is short sighted. We need more information. At the least Allen, in my opinion is viable to now max the cap in FA talent. Then you just hope you make the right moves. That is the process and the Bills are clearly executing it this year. Goal this year is to keep seeing progression from Allen and our more coveted draftees . In the interim I expect we will be all over the map with results.  

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

You see it all around the league. The modern day blue print for building a Super Bowl contender. It starts at QB but does so in different ways. You either have substantial resources invested in the QB position which likely means you have one of the elite or you position yourself to get the "future" on a rookie contract. First approach forces you to draft well at every position because you likely aren't bringing in a lot of top dollar FA's. Second approach (what we are doing, what most teams are doing), go after your guy, once you got him, maximize FA buying power and create a 3-4 year window to make a run. You see several teams at different progressions in this process. Rams are an example of a team that is executing this perfectly. Bears are an example of a team that is trying to execute this but still question marks at QB. This approach hinges on the guy who you thought was the guy at QB in fact being the guy. I think we shape up in between the Rams and the Bears as far as our outlook but that is short sighted. We need more information. At the least Allen, in my opinion is viable to now max the cap in FA talent. Then you just hope you make the right moves. That is the process and the Bills are clearly executing it this year. Goal this year is to keep seeing progression from Allen and our more coveted draftees . In the interim I expect we will be all over the map with results.  

We had a great day but I foresee some bad ones coming in the future but players are starting to emerge; just takes patience! Great post!