I just found out my position will be eliminated

whiteboy

my only advice would be to get after it immediately.

i know too many people that think, "I'm gonna take a month off....and relax." These same idiots sit around for 2+ years without work.

Get out and start looking right away while you are still currently employed. It is always easier to find something while you have a job,...then the pressure of finding one when you don't have one.

GOOD LUCK!

KD in CT:

you asked:

"What specifically do you sell?"

I have been selling E-commerce (EDI) services over the past four years. Prior to that, I was selling PC's and networking gear at the distributor level.

Thanks for all the advice.

If I had a nickle for every dude calling me at work with an Indian accent, trying to get me to agree to a trial on a company website. . . As soon as I hear the word "company" they get dismissed, if not before. Anyone that doesn't know the difference between a company and a church doesn't have anything to offer me.

my only advice would be to get after it immediately.

i know too many people that think, "I'm gonna take a month off....and relax."  These same idiots sit around for 2+ years without work.

Get out and start looking right away while you are still currently employed.  It is always easier to find something while you have a job,...then the pressure of finding one when you don't have one.

GOOD LUCK!

278240[/snapback]

I agree with this advice and would like to add to it......

When you start getting your resume out there, don't just wait around for a prospective employer to call you back. Show them that you are very interested in the job with good, consistent follow-up. Be professionally aggressive. Keep your name and your qualifications more fresh in their minds than the other applicants.

Sorry that you're having to go through this.....I wish you much success in your next position.

Thanks again to everybody for all the support and advice. I never really had the time to participate in many of the threads around here so I really appreciate those who took the time to offer advice to a stranger.

Thanks again to everybody for all the support and advice.  I never really had the time to participate in many of the threads around here so I really appreciate those who took the time to offer advice to a stranger.

278499[/snapback]

Hey, we're always happy to help the whiteboy. If your name was blackboy, we'd probably be trying to keep you down.

KD in CT:

you asked:

"What specifically do you sell?"

I have been selling E-commerce (EDI) services over the past four years.  Prior to that,  I was selling PC's and networking gear at the distributor level.

Thanks for all the advice.

278273[/snapback]

White, are you a hunter or more of a farmer. I am looking for a sales person now, however as we are very small it involves a great deal of prospecting. I am based in Richmond and sell IT Asset Management and Compliance consulting to Fortune 2000 organizations nationally. PM me if the move would not daunt you and you feel you are aggresive and willing to take a chance with a small company