HS Kid sinks 75 foot shot to go to OT!

SDS

http://www.comcast.net/home.html

click on the basketball story.

3/11/2005

Buzzer-Beater...Milbank State-Bound

At six-foot five, Justin Peters doesn't have to try hard to be the big man on campus.  But after Tuesdays game versus Clark, he had the whole town of Milbank, talking about his shot.

Milbank senior, Steph Nygaard, said, "I think this is the biggest thing besides our volleyball season, and now our basketball season going to state in the same year. It's really big here."

He was waiting for a Clark player to shoot a free-throw with his team down three points and point seven seconds left - the end of the season staring him in the face.

"I was kind of looking at some of the seniors," said Peters.  "You could tell in their eyes their season was over and they were done. Thought they were finished."

Not finished, just 70 feet away.

"When I threw it, I knew it was pretty straight. I thought I threw it a little short. But it banked in. I was stunned for a little bit. Then I turned and looked at some of my teammates behind me. The all started screaming and jumping on me," said Peters.

It tied the game and led to a two point overtime victory, sending the Bulldogs to the Class A state tournament.

Sorry... look under "Fan Videos" on the right hand side. If you don't see it you can hit "reload" a couple times and it should come up.

Select the "Click here to watch the Fan".

If you still don't see it, you can search for "Basketballl Miracle Shot" in The Fan pop up window.