Free Agency -

marck

I have read this board day after day and have been subjected to constant whinning about this player and that who is no longer available.

The one constant in free agency over its history is that the big name signings don't work out well in either the short term or the long term. A team is build by carefully putting pieces that work together, develop a special winning chemistry and then with hard work and dedication winning follows.

The 2005 Buffalo Bills are being put together taking these aspects into consideration. In actuality the headlines I am interested in start in the 2nd week of September and signing some "BIG NAME" in March often has little to do with winning in September-December.

Let the teams such as the Redskins, Raiders, Dolphins and Vikings pay ridiculous money to "ME GUYS" whose goal is to achieve financial secutity above winning.

I believe the way you win is to find smart players who fit within a defined scheme and have great working chemistry, coaching and a common goal to achieve and win.

Our GM, head coach and staff are all on the same page and committed to that goal.

I also want everyone whinning about the lack of movement in free agency to also keep one thing in mind, the winners of three of the last four Super Bowl's also have the greatest percentage of players who have completed their college degrees.

It does make you think that the mind does things fast 40 times, incredible bench press and three cone drills can't.

Spikes, Adams, Milloy....all big name signings that have led to a #2 defense. Now if we could do the same on offense.

I agree that big names don't always translate into wins, but many big names go on to be big parts of their teams. To say a Big Name player won't have a big impact because they're big named is foolish.