Aaron Rodgers 'You've got to trust the process'

TSNBDSC

On 4/19/2018 at 8:42 AM, Mr. WEO said:

The 76's aren't a "playoff hopeful".  They are in the playoffs.

The 76ers have the 5 best record in the NBA.  they were 7 th in scoring. 

The 2 best players on the Celtics were not drafted by Ainge.  Same for his best player last season. 

Of Miami's 7 top scorers/starters, only 2 were drafted by Miami (and one was a million seasons ago).

Three of the Raptors top 5 scorers were not drafted by Toronto.

The 76ers GM "sucks" because he has turned around a bad roster and drafted his way to a solid playoff team.

This is an impossible take to "take" seriously.  You don't even watch the NBA, do you?

And I'll concede. The 76ers are a great team and crazy young and have a winners mentality in the intangibles of their superstars of embiid and Simmons not fearing any team. I can't really can't deny that. My point TLDR is any GM would have an amazing 5 year turnaround with all lottery picks. 

My concession is the GM's most impressive job in that regard was retaining 76ers fans. The process was almost an impossibly hard sell and I wouldn't have bought. Although I think 76ers fans are some of the best fans around. Storied franchise, and basketball rules that city.

But man I obviously watch the NBA lol give me that. We wouldn't be hijacking the thread if I didn't. I love watching Jokic, donavan Mitchell making GMs eat their hearts out, isaiah Thomas when at the Celtics. late round picks with that chip on their shoulder.

My point is I'm a Knicks fan, bad FO but I'd be a shaky fan if they pulled that. I know football is different, but I never want to see the bills tank. Maybe 1 year to get a next generation quarterback, but 2 would really frustrate me. Even one season I'd be upset.

My fandom wants me to see me teams compete every game.. and love McDermott's attitude to not tank last year and get of to the playoffs. I was perfectly happy watching our terrible playoff drought stretch as long as they kept competing every season. With the exception of that 6-3 browns game :(

57 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

And I'll concede. The 76ers are a great team and crazy young and have a winners mentality in the intangibles of their superstars of embiid and Simmons not fearing any team. I can't really can't deny that. My point TLDR is any GM would have an amazing 5 year turnaround with all lottery picks. 

My concession is the GM's most impressive job in that regard was retaining 76ers fans. The process was almost an impossibly hard sell and I wouldn't have bought. Although I think 76ers fans are some of the best fans around. Storied franchise, and basketball rules that city.

But man I obviously watch the NBA lol give me that. We wouldn't be hijacking the thread if I didn't. I love watching Jokic, donavan Mitchell making GMs eat their hearts out, isaiah Thomas when at the Celtics. late round picks with that chip on their shoulder.

My point is I'm a Knicks fan, bad FO but I'd be a shaky fan if they pulled that. I know football is different, but I never want to see the bills tank. Maybe 1 year to get a next generation quarterback, but 2 would really frustrate me. Even one season I'd be upset.

My fandom wants me to see me teams compete every game.. and love McDermott's attitude to not tank last year and get of to the playoffs. I was perfectly happy watching our terrible playoff drought stretch as long as they kept competing every season. With the exception of that 6-3 browns game :(

If the bills had tanked, we wouldn’t be in the situation we’re in now.

76ers process was to tank for season after season and get a bunch of high draft picks to build a team. Unfortunately for Sam he is not part of the organization anymore, but you can see the fruits of his labor with a ton of young talent that will compete for a long time. 

Buffalo's process was that of changing the mentality of the team and get away from the lone superstars and make them play for each other. So far the process is going great and worked probably better than they thought. Now we just need to inject some more talent into the team so we can compete for years into the future. We need to remember we are only in year 2 and it will not only be smooth sailing from here on out we will probably have a significant amount of low spots.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

If the bills had tanked, we wouldn’t be in the situation we’re in now.

the situation of having a team with playoff experience predicated on our retained secondary talent with a good chance of having improved quarterback play? I wanted to concede and stop this dumb argument but forget it. you like losing, I like winning. The Sixers are losing right now, do you watch basketball?

EDIT, Sixers won. dangit you tricked me into the jinx. Anyways sorry to blow up your notifications. Let's squash this beef and stop talking about the 6ers in a totally unrelated thread lol. I'll bring it up in the NBA thread if you want a friendly spar. Side note, are these games not crazy fun? Heat 76ers.. Trailblazers, Pellies.. These teams hate each other!

On 4/19/2018 at 8:42 AM, Mr. WEO said:

The 76's aren't a "playoff hopeful".  They are in the playoffs.

I meant playoff hopeful as in a team in a playoffs hoping to go deep. I can clearly see them losing to the heat right now. Gee whiz what a good GM the Heat have, They didn't even need to tank to be here!

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

On 4/19/2018 at 9:09 PM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Of Miami's 7 top scorers/starters, only 2 were drafted by Miami (and one was a million seasons ago).

Of the 76ers starters only 2 were drafted by the tankers. Belinelli, jj Reddick, RoCo weren't drafted lol. Keep it up though you sound like you know a lot about basketball

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks