The evolution of a team...

The posts of late seem to be mostly obsessed with what to do with the O-line. The majority of the Buffalo faithful are starting to resemble a lynch mob. When any kind of an O-lineman comes to town this board starts going into a frenzy. Hey, that's a good thing. The Bills have LOYAL, DIEHARD FANS. But I encourage the doubters to hang in there.

Review the TD time line. First year the financial aspects of the organization were a total mess. What did ole To Do call it, a salary cap jail? Or "take your lumps now or take'em later?", or something to that effect. I don't blame him, I thought it was a good move. First year lost.

Second year, small defensive pieces were added. Nothing to leapfrog ahead on. Important factor(s) established. Purged financial restraints eliminated and a semi step in the right direction on aquiring vital defensive parts. Still had no offense.

Third year, a huge QB acqusition. The mass not the minority got super pumped and REALLY started to believe in the future, and had every right to. Exciting games, disappointing season record but we're ready to turn the corner. We got a little bit of defense and paid attention to the offense. HOLD IT RIGHT THERE! We're still a long ways away from having a good, solid contender.

Fourth year, TD made the moves to get this team contending. We got the bulk of a good team, especially on defense. The key word here is bulk. There's still things to be added. On defense, things like role players, depth, and smaller areas needed to have better ability. On offense realization came. Does Bledsoe have chinks in his armor? And there's no question here, Reed ain't Price. Everybody thought we were further ahead than we were, and that includes TD & CO. Oh, how we all found out the hard way. There's been at least one constant during this time line, we never had much, if at all, of an O-line. One thing did occur though. TD got his way and got Mularkey. I never change my mind on the fact that this was his plan since he got here or close to it.

Fifth year. New rookie coach. What did everybody really expect out of the season? A Super Bowl?! Bledsoe mostly, O-line partly, just aren't good enough. Bye-bye Bledsoe. Bye-bye Jennings. This team evolved! We will get the O-line up and running once and for all THIS YEAR. Count on it! Oh, by the way, there is just one teensy, weensy little drawback. We're starting a REAL young and inexperienced QB. For Buffalo's sake, let's hope that Sam Wyche knows what the hell he's talking about.

The posts of late seem to be mostly obsessed with what to do with the O-line. The majority of the Buffalo faithful are starting to resemble a lynch mob. When any kind of an O-lineman comes to town this board starts going into a frenzy. Hey, that's a good thing. The Bills have LOYAL, DIEHARD FANS. But I encourage the doubters to hang in there.

Review the TD time line. First year the financial aspects of the organization were a total mess. What did ole To Do call it, a salary cap jail? Or "take your lumps now or take'em later?", or something to that effect. I don't blame him, I thought it was a good move. First year lost.

Second year, small defensive pieces were added. Nothing to leapfrog ahead on. Important factor(s) established. Purged financial restraints eliminated and a semi step in the right direction on aquiring vital defensive parts. Still had no offense.

Third year, a huge QB acqusition. The mass not the minority got super pumped and REALLY started to believe in the future, and had every right to. Exciting games, disappointing season record but we're ready to turn the corner. We got a little bit of defense and paid attention to the offense. HOLD IT RIGHT THERE! We're still a long ways away from having a good, solid contender.

Fourth year, TD made the moves to get this team contending. We got the bulk of a good team, especially on defense. The key word here is bulk. There's still things to be added. On defense, things like role players, depth, and smaller areas needed to have better ability. On offense realization came. Does Bledsoe have chinks in his armor? And there's no question here, Reed ain't Price. Everybody thought we were further ahead than we were, and that includes TD & CO. Oh, how we all found out the hard way. There's been at least one constant during this time line, we never had much, if at all, of an O-line. One thing did occur though. TD got his way and got Mularkey. I never change my mind on the fact that this was his plan since he got here or close to it.

Fifth year. New rookie coach. What did everybody really expect out of the season? A Super Bowl?! Bledsoe mostly, O-line partly, just aren't good enough. Bye-bye Bledsoe. Bye-bye Jennings. This team evolved! We will get the O-line up and running once and for all THIS YEAR. Count on it! Oh, by the way, there is just one teensy, weensy little drawback. We're starting a REAL young and inexperienced QB. For Buffalo's sake, let's hope that Sam Wyche knows what the hell he's talking about.

272075[/snapback]

Apparently just ONE more year.