Mike Glennon Signing a 2-Year Deal with the Cardinals

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Basing it on what he did for the Crimson Tide and correlating that to NFL potential is a mistake given how they mostly rely on tough defense and the run game down there.   He looks like a classic game manager to me and that's not such a bad thing. 

What I know about the history of college programs could be put in a thimble and lost, but I've been told that AJ McCarron ran a "pro style" offense when he was there.

*rummage rummage* actually says so in his old scouting report " Well-versed operating a pro-style offense and makes NFL-style progression reads. Is comfortable working from under center and in the gun.:  hee hee maybe it makes me a colleg expert that I can link his scouting report (kidding....KIDDING!)

When I did my NFL draft analysis using hard numbers of completion percentage, YPA, and TD/INT, there were two 3dr-5th round picks that popped up as "hits" that surprised me.  One was Cody Kessler.  The other was AJ McCarron.   That makes him one of 3 5th round QB over 20 years with those numbers.  BUT, his passing yardage is low - sort of a TT kind of a guy, completes passes and doesn't make fatal # of mistakes, but doesn't generate much passing game either.

"Game manager type" might be a good descriptive.  I would rather have him on the roster than no one but Peterman!  Bills FO making me VERY nervous.

8 minutes ago, mileena said:

So he and Bridgewater would rather be backup QB's on inferior teams than be a starter in Buffalo? SMH.

Erm, you're kind of assuming Buffalo offered them an option?