TD and CO., can we sign Womack, please!

JP-era

Yes, that was his plan. Based on priorities in free agency, resigning other players, etc. that was the only viable plan based on the amount of $$ he had to work with. Did it work out as well as he had hoped? Probably not, but in the end as you yourself admitted Tucker did a decent job. And I wouldn't be devestated if his plan is to go into next season with Tucker at guard again. Would I like someone better? Sure, then could use Tucker as depth, but if not, we're still OK. Do I think we need someone better at tackle, again yes, and I trust something will be done. But TD isn't going to overpay.

I also disagree with those who say that TD always has a plan.  What was our plan last year at LG?  Pucillo?  Smith?  We were lucky that Tucker came in after a few games and improved the play at that position.

270624[/snapback]

Yes, that was his plan.  Based on priorities in free agency, resigning other players, etc. that was the only viable plan based on the amount of $$ he had to work with. 

271002[/snapback]

pete kendall was a great option, would have fit in great with our offense, and had an extremely small first year cap number........he would have been a great sign, and TD never even looked at him, which was a mistake.........he was most defanitely a "viable" option and would have made the difference between playoffs/no playoffs last year.........not to mention the need would be addressed heading into next season........

So in your opinion, Pete Kendall would have been a better option. I haven't heard latety TD mentioning that he wished he had signed Kendall. Unless I'm missing something, that doesn't mean that TD didn't have a plan. All it means is you didn't like it.

In all seriousness, do you think you know even half as much about football as TD and have access to even half as much of the resources needed to make these decisions? I highly doubt it. Assuming that is so, then all this means is that you didn't like TD's plan. It has nothing to do whether he had one or not.

pete kendall was a great option, would have fit in great with our offense, and had an extremely small first year cap number........he would have been a great sign, and TD never even looked at him, which was a mistake.........he was most defanitely a "viable" option and would have made the difference between playoffs/no playoffs last year.........not to mention the need would be addressed heading into next season........

271326[/snapback]