Three plead guilty to beating girl at bday party

Pitta

BALTIMORE, Maryland (AP) -- Three women pleaded guilty Thursday for their roles in the savage beating of a 12-year-old girl at a birthday party -- an attack prompted by a kiss on the cheek she received from a boy.

The three included the mother of the birthday girl. Police said Monique Baldwin, 37, apparently became offended because the boy was supposed to be her daughter's boyfriend. She allegedly urged the attackers to "handle your business."

Nicole Townes went into a three-week coma after she was beaten and kicked at the February 2004 sleep-over. Her 11-year-old sister was also beaten.

Baldwin pleaded guilty to assault and child abuse and could get 30 years in prison at sentencing May 2.

Erin Baldwin, 20, pleaded guilty to assault and was sentenced to four years in prison. Kenya Keene, 25, pleaded guilty to reckless endangerment and assault and could receive six years behind bars May 2.

A plea agreement for a 16-year-old girl fell through. Two other teenage girls pleaded guilty last year.

-Cnn.com-

30 years in prison...

Just another lovely day here in Charm City. Another shining example of the wonderful folks here. I have met some very nice people here in Baltimore, it's just unfortunate that in my job and also in daily life, I get to see these types of scum more often.