Some things never change...

How thin do you want to stretch our military? You want to tangle with China?

266343[/snapback]

Here's to hoping it never came to that. I think the effect on the global economy would be catastrophic.

But if it came to that, we should stand by our obligations.

Here's to hoping it never came to that. I think the effect on the global economy would be catastrophic.

But if it came to that, we should stand by our obligations.

266347[/snapback]

LOL. You want to support every country in the world's fight against oppression? Please send your tax dollars, and your children's, and your children's children, at a rate of about 80%.

LOL.  You want to support every country in the world's fight against oppression? Please send your tax dollars, and your children's, and your children's children, at a rate of about 80%.

266356[/snapback]

No, not every country's. Only those that have a bearing on our economic security. Like Taiwan does.

if we were talking about Japan, would you have this same cavalier attitude?

Threatening Taiwan again. When are we going to take a stand against this nonsense? We simply cannot allow China to take over Taiwan.

266326[/snapback]

at least a republican president is in control...the citizens of taiwan were all freaked out that kerry would win (same thing 4 years ago with gore) because they know the democrats would turn a blind eye to china's threats towards taiwan

my parents (both american citizens) are ethnically taiwanese and live there now so they're immersed in the situation...before both US elections, they called me up constantly to make sure my young impressionable mind :D would not sell out and become a democrat

i find it ironic and a bit disturbing that the US won't be more supportive of a democratic nation fighting for their own sovereignty and will instead support the communist bad guys...you want a model democratic nation that emerged from a dictatorship? taiwan's a perfect example

I would think that the US buys more goods from china than they do taiwan - so I guess we should protect china.

266551[/snapback]

taiwan produces what...85% or more of the world's laptops and computer components...you want plastic trinkets or high tech industry