Kelly Holcomb on NFL Radio

Chilly

Quick interview on NFL Radio with Kelly.

Some of his comments:

- Said that Buffalo has a really good football team, one of the best in the NFL and we proved it by coming back from that 0-4 start. This was the biggest reason he wanted to come to Buffalo.

- Said that he's not relaly thinking about Kurt Warner and Arizona, he didn't know if Arizona was even interested in him being their starter. Also said that as QBs get signed, the few left will be snatched up quickly.

- Said that he wants to be a starting quarterback, but he understands his role. He would like a competition; however, he knows his role right now is to teach JP and mentor JP to help the Buffalo Bills win football games and he doesn't mind that one bit.

- Said that he and Couch handled the QB controvery in Cleveland well last year.

- Said that Cleveland just got in the habit of losing. As soon as something would start to go wrong, the players would go "oh no now we're gonna lose again" and not play as hard as they practiced.

Was an interesting interview. I really like his comments on tutoring JP, this is just the type of backup QB we really need.

Let's hope he stays true to these words. He should be JP's mentor but should have a starter's mentality if the rookie struggles and would be willing to take over the team. I hope he's ready come playoff time.

Quick interview on NFL Radio with Kelly.

Some of his comments:

- Said that he and Couch handled the QB controvery in Cleveland well last year.

266057[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Garcia was the QB in Cleveland last year, Couch was given up on a long time ago. So did you mean 2 years ago, or that Holcomb and Garcia handled the situation?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Garcia was the QB in Cleveland last year, Couch was given up on a long time ago. So did you mean 2 years ago, or that Holcomb and Garcia handled the situation?

266311[/snapback]

Doesn't really matter does it? There was no controversy between he and Couch, and there wasn't one last year with Garcia. Stop picking nits.

Doesn't really matter does it?  There was no controversy between he and Couch, and there wasn't one last year with Garcia.  Stop picking nits.

266335[/snapback]

So if your right, and there was no controversy, what the hell was he reffering to?

The radio guy said last year during the interview question, I think he just messed up.  It was referring to Couch and Holcomb two years ago when the fans really wanted Holcomb.

266581[/snapback]

Thank you. Just wanted to clear that up.

I got XM instead of Sirius, though it was a hard choice. I love the NFL package idea, but I thinik I'll get more use out of MLB on XM. Ive already heard a few games on Spring Training.

I was listening to "Moving the Chains" last night and Glen Parker was one of the hosts. Anyways, they were saying how Holcomb was a "bad apple" in the locker room in Cleveland with both Couch and Garcia. However, they said Mularkey won't allow something like that in his locker room and that Holcomb hasn't earned the right to be a bad apple since he's not starter material, hasn't ever won anything and never put up the big numbers when it mattered. Pretty funny listening to 6 guys sit there and rip on what the guy did in Cleveland.

I was listening to "Moving the Chains" last night and Glen Parker was one of the hosts. Anyways, they were saying how Holcomb was a "bad apple" in the locker room in Cleveland with both Couch and Garcia. However, they said Mularkey won't allow something like that in his locker room

266734[/snapback]

What's that say about Butch Davis?

NFL Network Commercial: "Kellen Winslow is the best thing that ever happened to Butch Davis." heh heh.