Pro Football Talk

Yoho

Informed sources out of Buffalo tell me that the final cuts of the Buffalo Bills were dictated by more than performances on the field. It seems that venerable (read that- really old) owner Ralph Wilson interjected himself into the process. These sources report that some of the reasons for the final decisions were, to say the least, a little bizarre.

Reportedly, Mr. Wilson decreed that all postions whose names ends in "end" were to be filled only by white players. Wilson kept repeating "Lonnie Friggin Johnson" and Erik Flowers as the reason for his decision.

Further, Wilson ordered the release of Drew Haddad because, according to the source, he didn't want to have Haddad confused with Drew Bledsoe. When I go into the locker room and say "Drew, come over here, I want my big money quarterback not some two-bit wide receiver".

Other decisions were based on the fact that Wilson's favorite player Travis Henry played for Tennessee. Wilson ordered all players from Tennessee to make the squad except for "that Dominique kid, I don't want a player on my team named Dominique".

Finally, according to the source, Wilson ordered the Bills to "keep that magician kid (long snapper Jon Donrobes), I love it when he does the card tricks". More on this story as it develops.

Informed sources out of Buffalo tell me that the final cuts of the Buffalo Bills were dictated by more than performances on the field.  It seems that venerable (read that- really old) owner Ralph Wilson interjected himself into the process.  These sources report that some of the reasons for the final decisions were, to say the least, a little bizarre.

Reportedly, Mr. Wilson decreed that all postions whose names ends in "end" were to be filled only by white players.  Wilson kept repeating "Lonnie Friggin Johnson" and Erik Flowers as the reason for his decision.

Further, Wilson ordered the release of Drew Haddad because, according to the source, he didn't want to have Haddad confused with Drew Bledsoe.  When I go into the locker room and say "Drew, come over here, I want my big money quarterback not some two-bit wide receiver".

Other decisions were based on the fact that Wilson's favorite player Travis Henry played for Tennessee.  Wilson ordered all players from Tennessee to make the squad except for "that Dominique kid, I don't want a player on my team named Dominique".

Finally, according to the source, Wilson ordered the Bills to "keep that magician kid (long snapper Jon Donrobes), I love it when he does the card tricks".  More on this story as it develops.

19738[/snapback]

Okay, who left the crack pipe out on the table?

:(

I admire Ralph's "hands off" attitude when it comes to player personnel decisions. Long Live Ralph, and three cheers for the 53 man roster the talking heads have come up with. Except for the waiving of Dominique, I'm on board with it.