dallas/bills trade

i wonder if at the end of the year bill parcells will be wishing that the cowboys had kept their 22nd pick and took jp for themselves!so we had to trade a 1st round pick to get bledsoe and we had to trade a 1st round pick to get rid of him in essence.i personally feel jp will do just fine ,he will have some growing pains ,but he will lead us to a 10 win season and if we catch a break here and there maybe even 11 wins!go bills in"05

i wonder if at the end of the year bill parcells will be wishing that the cowboys had kept their 22nd pick and took jp for themselves!so we had to trade a 1st round pick to get bledsoe and we had to trade a 1st round pick to get rid of him in essence.i personally feel jp will do just fine ,he will have some growing pains ,but he will lead us to a 10 win season and if we catch a break here and there maybe even 11 wins!go bills in"05

261620[/snapback]

It is too early to tell....if JPL ends up being a great QB for us then we will definately have gotten the better deal.......

261620[/snapback]

Im not sure we can answer it yet. We need to see who they grab at 22. Considering this weak draft, and a years leg up on our future at QB, Id say we did.

Remember though we didnt give up a 1st, we used our 1st last year on Losman, we traded a 2nd and another pick to do that. So we got Losman one year early for a 2nd and whatever (4th, 5th?). Thats a good deal.

Everyone knows I feel we are putting JP to the fire too soon. However I will go on record and say no matter how JP does in the future we got the better of this trade because we needed our future QB last year.

I just feel he is starting 1 year too soon.

Everyone knows I feel we are putting JP to the fire too soon.  However I will go on record and say no matter how JP does in the future we got the better of this trade because we needed our future QB last year. 

I just feel he is starting 1 year too soon.

261654[/snapback]

I can understand your feeling on him going in too early. I agree that we needed to get him early and that we win on the trade.

Im not sure we can answer it yet. We need to see who they grab at 22. Considering this weak draft, and a years leg up on our future at QB, Id say we did.

Remember though we didnt give up a 1st, we used our 1st last year on Losman, we traded a 2nd and another pick to do that. So we got Losman one year early for a 2nd and whatever (4th, 5th?). Thats a good deal.

261650[/snapback]

Im trying to understand your rationalization of a good deal. Yes we picked JP withour First round pick a year early. However, look at this we gave away our First round pick in 2002 for Bledsoe and our 2nd and 4th round pick to dallas and released Bledsoe so they could sign Bledsoe to even less then what we had him at so essentially we lose 2 picks and a (4 MIL AGAINST THE CAP) player for an entity not even proven yet. So remind me again wheres the good deal??????

Personally I would have traded down the first round pick for a number 1 and 2 rd pick up Losman trade up my 2 number 2's and got Rashaun Woods and still had my 4th (depth for the ol) round pick and still have my first round pick this year which i would draft a DT. TD is a moron not a genious.

Not too mention how great shelton is another first round bust to go with our 9mil first round bust there intelligence for ya.