Compensation

and god knows they are never wrong in their talent evaluations of guards...... :doh:

ex. see pete kendall and his pro-bowl caliber season with the jets..

260221[/snapback]

Man, you just hate everything dont you? You really need to calm down man, you are going to blow a nerve. And as for Pete Kendall, he said that the Jets were his #1 choice last year, and at the time we had roughly 1 million dollars under the cap, while the Jets were 4 million under the cap. Kinda hard to make a play on a FA when you have no money. There is that pesky salary cap thing we have to worry about, especially this offseason when we only have 5 million bucks to use on FAs.

The problem I see is too many people focus in on one or two FAs and then blow their top when that player goes elsewhere. Its a day into free agency...if TD finishes today with a trade for Shelton and signing Dan Neil, you'll be joygasmic over what he did. Its a waiting game right now. So have an early morning beer and calm down.

Man, you just hate everything dont you?  You really need to calm down man, you are going to blow a nerve.  And as for Pete Kendall, he said that the Jets were his #1 choice last year, and at the time we had roughly 1 million dollars under the cap, while the Jets were 4 million under the cap.  Kinda hard to make a play on a FA when you have no money.  There is that pesky salary cap thing we have to worry about, especially this offseason when we only have 5 million bucks to use on FAs.

The problem I see is too many people focus in on one or two FAs and then blow their top when that player goes elsewhere.  Its a day into free agency...if TD finishes today with a trade for Shelton and signing Dan Neil, you'll be joygasmic over what he did.  Its a waiting game right now.  So have an early morning beer and calm down.

260235[/snapback]

i'm allowed to disagree with the majority around here.........just like you guys are allowed to wash TD's balls daily.......sorry if you hate to hear it, but that's just the way it goes........

as for kendall's contract, you do realize he counted only 660K on the cap in '04, right?? don't give me this garbage about how we couldn't afford him.......it's just another excuse.........

i'm allowed to disagree with the majority around here.........just like you guys are allowed to wash TD's balls daily.......sorry if you hate to hear it, but that's just the way it goes........

as for kendall's contract, you do realize he counted only 660K on the cap in '04, right?? don't give me this garbage about how we couldn't afford him.......it's just another excuse.........

260240[/snapback]

:doh:;):lol:

Thats the first time I've ever heard anyone use the "salary cap" as an excuse. Damn that TD and teflon behavior...hiding behind the salary cap! Oh sure TD, thats a likely excuse that we dont have any money! Just because we only have a million dollars doesnt mean we cant sign a guy long-term! Players act like they do in Madden, just backload that sucker and we'll be fine. Pay him in fish sticks, that'll work...you just arent being creative...you suck Donahoe!

My point is that players are not mindless blobs...they have preferences where they would like to go, and this may shock you, but some of them dont want to come to Buffalo. So blaming the GM is insane because if you were a fan of any one of the other 31 teams, you'd still have the same problems of FAs excluding your squad for another. Its not a case of "ball-washing" TD, its a case of understanding how the economics of the NFL works. If we were 20 million dollars under the cap, we could throw money at players and land them with ease. In fact, we did that when we got Takeo and Adams because we had so much cash to use. We dont have a lot of cash to use this year, so you'll have to be realistic about the free agent goals.

:doh:  ;)  :lol:

Thats the first time I've ever heard anyone use the "salary cap" as an excuse.  Damn that TD and teflon behavior...hiding behind the salary cap!  Oh sure TD, thats a likely excuse that we dont have any money!  Just because we only have a million dollars doesnt mean we cant sign a guy long-term!  Players act like they do in Madden, just backload that sucker and we'll be fine.  Pay him in fish sticks, that'll work...you just arent being creative...you suck Donahoe! 

My point is that players are not mindless blobs...they have preferences where they would like to go, and this may shock you, but some of them dont want to come to Buffalo.  So blaming the GM is insane because if you were a fan of any one of the other 31 teams, you'd still have the same problems of FAs excluding your squad for another.  Its not a case of "ball-washing" TD, its a case of understanding how the economics of the NFL works.  If we were 20 million dollars under the cap, we could throw money at players and land them with ease.  In fact, we did that when we got Takeo and Adams because we had so much cash to use.  We dont have a lot of cash to use this year, so you'll have to be realistic about the free agent goals.

260257[/snapback]

so first it was "he doesn't fit our scheme" (not by you, but by others), then it was "the salary cap", and when i showed you that he had a minimal first year cap number, now it's because he didn't want to come to buffalo and we had no chance at him.........

i'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact TD never even tried, right? he is on record stating they evaluted kendall and decided he wasn't what they wanted.........he made a mistake in not even making an effort.......whether he took a deal from us is one thing, but the fact we never tried was an error.......and i know how people around here hate to see TD made look a fool, but he was in this case..........kendall had an excellent season.........

My guess is that he must be very tight with Crennel from their time together in NE and it was a done deal prior to F/A.

260180[/snapback]

Could be a good guess. In Cincy, Lewis has a fistful of players who he worked with in his stints in Was, Ten, and Bal, on the team.