Why would VCOACH report about Jennings?

They always do.  They even report when TD gets a hangnail, or get's into an argument with ICE outside the fieldhouse.

259471[/snapback]

Last year, they never reported when a Bills FA was visiting somewhere else on V-Coach. it just seems weird to me. I think something is up. Maybe this means that they'll reveal that Shelton will be a Bill soon? :pray:

Last year, they never reported when a Bills FA was visiting somewhere else on V-Coach.  it just seems weird to me.  I think something is up.  Maybe this means that they'll reveal that Shelton will be a Bill soon? :pray:

259491[/snapback]

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Clayton was just guessing about the Bills/Cards trade, and a deal is coming closer and closer to happening.

First off, the news of Travis wanting a "long-term deal" came out a day before his trip to Arizona, so if the Cards were SO put off by this, why did they still have him hang out with them and stay for a few days?

Secondly, The Cards have a lot more holes on that team than just RB, and wasting their #1 pick on a RB when they just as easily could have gotten Travis AND used that first rounder to beef up their D-Line, LBs, CBs or TE situation wont do much to appease their fans.

Exhibit 3: The Cards arent getting anything for Shelton that they'd like to get. All of this talk about them getting a 2nd-3rd rounder turned out to be insanely optimistic and a media ploy by them, and the best offer they have is a "second day pick" from the Bears. Lets see, a 5th round pick or a starting RB...yeah, really tough choice there fellers. Also shows they like to use the media to entice other teams to get a better offer, which leads me to my last thought...

Finally, why did John Clayton bury this hot news item deep inside his own little web page instead of putting it out there? When they were sure that the Coles for Moss trade was dead, that was the main headline. Yet the Henry for Shelton deal is deeply buried in the NFL section, under another subsection and is only 2 sentences long. I think it was just a tool for the Cards to see if they could milk the Bills for more...I do see a trade happening, perhaps as soon as this weekend.

It just seems like a deal is more likely to get done since both teams are in need of each other's player. Any thoughts? Perhaps I should take off the tin foil hat and get out more? Or anyone else thinking like I am?

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Clayton was just guessing about the Bills/Cards trade, and a deal is coming closer and closer to happening.

First off, the news of Travis wanting a "long-term deal" came out a day before his trip to Arizona, so if the Cards were SO put off by this, why did they still have him hang out with them and stay for a few days? 

Secondly, The Cards have a lot more holes on that team than just RB, and wasting their #1 pick on a RB when they just as easily could have gotten Travis AND used that first rounder to beef up their D-Line, LBs, CBs or TE situation wont do much to appease their fans. 

Exhibit 3:  The Cards arent getting anything for Shelton that they'd like to get.  All of this talk about them getting a 2nd-3rd rounder turned out to be insanely optimistic and a media ploy by them, and the best offer they have is a "second day pick" from the Bears.  Lets see, a 5th round pick or a starting RB...yeah, really tough choice there fellers.  Also shows they like to use the media to entice other teams to get a better offer, which leads me to my last thought...

Finally, why did John Clayton bury this hot news item deep inside his own little web page instead of putting it out there?  When they were sure that the Coles for Moss trade was dead, that was the main headline.  Yet the Henry for Shelton deal is deeply buried in the NFL section, under another subsection and is only 2 sentences long.  I think it was just a tool for the Cards to see if they could milk the Bills for more...I do see a trade happening, perhaps as soon as this weekend.

It just seems like a deal is more likely to get done since both teams are in need of each other's player.  Any thoughts?  Perhaps I should take off the tin foil hat and get out more?  Or anyone else thinking like I am?

259506[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more. I have a feeling that Shelton will be a Bill by Monday. That is why TD is not doing anything else, he needs to fix that problem before he can work on anything else. I think that they announced about Jennings in SF because they are hinting about the Bills in the market for a LT to the fans. Now, as far as Dennis Green and TD, they are both trying to play poker with eachother and both trying to bluff. I think TD is calling Green's bluff and using that for his benefit. He knows that no one is giving a big offer for Shelton other than a day 2 pick. He knows that Henry is the best option he will probably get. It's just a matter of time until they finish the behind the scenes stuff and Henry agrees to a new contract and Shelton becomes a Bill. I just hope that you and I are right. IMO, the offseason heavily depends on the LJ Shelton trade and nothing will get rolling until that is done.

It just seems like a deal is more likely to get done since both teams are in need of each other's player.  Any thoughts?  Perhaps I should take off the tin foil hat and get out more?  Or anyone else thinking like I am?

259506[/snapback]

I agree with your sentiment but feel it's just a matter of how much the Cardinals really like Henry compared to what RBs might be available come draft day.