Troy Brown not tendered an offer

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I believe he did. His points are obvious, and overlooking them is a huge mistake. Coaches are jumping ship in NE, players are getting tossed, it doesn't seem like things are going to be looking too good for the Pats next year. The secondary is becoming a bit pourous, the coaching that got them there is walking out the door. Granted they have a good amount of room under the cap, but you don't throw the everyone off the boat then ask the rats to row.

Tuna was a great coach when he had a great staff too, you know. So was Jimmy Johnson. Drop the staff and keep some talent and these guys struggled. In this case NE is dropping staff and talent. Sounds like a recipie for disaster in Patsy land.

The Steelers fans came aboard BB.com several weeks ago screaming championship and displaying a similar arrogance as yourself. I called it dead on then, stating NE would simply drum them at home in the AFC Championship game... and I was right. The mighty fell then, and the mighty Patsies will as well. Mark my words, 9-7 maybe 10-6 and no show for you guys next year. Like all dynasties NE will fall, and fall quickly.

257966[/snapback]

One cannot equate coaches finally getting the promotions they've long deserved for "jumping ship" As far as "players getting tossed" This happens to every team right? Players who no longer perform to the level of their contracts get the cut for salary cap reasons. Would you rather us be the Colts and pay out exorbitant contracts year in/year out and continually fail to address certain needs? Or would you rather us be one of those teams like the Redskins/Niners/Titans who pay all the money and do okay for a few years and then have to go through a couple years or more of salary cap hell?

In my opinion, cutting these guys now is actually doing them a favor (I believe Ty Law even said as much that he was greatful that Belicheck cut him early) so they can try and get the best offers they can from other teams.

Lets not let bitterness and jealousy get in the way of facts and reality.

Brown and Phifer were BACKUPS last year

257931[/snapback]

I figured if anything, a Dolfan needed to jump into this game, and since the Patsie is here, I've got some words...

OK Hollywood, some good points by you. I'm not gong to be blindly loyal, I know the game and will try my best to bring valid points. I understand Phifer was a backup, but wasn't Brown playing both sides of the game? I really thought he was taking a majority of snaps.

Off topic, but something that bugged me all Super Bowl week: Why wasn't more made of the Dolphins defeat of that Pats? I understand that Dillon was out when Pitt beat them, but I thought Miami had beat a good Pats team, and shown the NFL some chink in the armor. Was this game just brushed off?

One cannot equate coaches finally getting the promotions they've long deserved for "jumping ship"      As far as "players getting tossed"  This happens to every team right?  Players who no longer perform to the level of their contracts get the cut for salary cap reasons. 

Lets not let bitterness and jealousy get in the way of facts and reality.

258292[/snapback]

Jumping ship would simply be leaving. I am not saying they don't deserve more money and better positions.

Players that don't perform to their level? Brown? Law? While I agree some players cut may fall under that category, I simply don't see that.

Bitterness and jealousy? No way. As long as the AFC is winning the show and the Dolphins aren't going I am a happy camper. I am pointing out my predictions, take them or leave them.

Jumping ship would simply be leaving. I am not saying they don't deserve more money and better positions.

Players that don't perform to their level? Brown? Law? While I agree some players cut may fall under that category, I simply don't see that.

Bitterness and jealousy? No way. As long as the AFC is winning the show and the Dolphins aren't going I am a happy camper. I am pointing out my predictions, take them or leave them.

258407[/snapback]

I guess we disagree because I see it differently. I'm sure a lot of us thought Law would get cut LAST year. He had like a 12 million dollar cap hit this year.

Being sentimental about players is what gets you into cap trouble. Players know its a business. I think if guys like Law and Brown who were perennial Patriots were cut a la Milloy, you'd be on to something.