How's about Frank Gore?

VABills

I think it would be fun to give him a shot. I would have the same docs who looked at Willis look at Gore. If so I think the could make a good 1 / 2 punch. Plus he has great hands, probably a better blitz blokcer then Willis, and seems to be a good guy overall.

I believe he's had both knees reconstructed and was always out of the lineup at Miami. Willis got his shot at Miami when Gore was hurt.

256574[/snapback]

Gore had a relatively healthy year last year and while he's lost the burst of speed he had to a large degree, he still has some decent speed and is still a powerful runner with good size. Before the injuries, he was good enough to be ahead of Willis AND Portis on the depth chart.

always out of the lineup at Miami.

Well, no. He did miss some time, but then again so did McGahee. The only problem I can forsee is the "me me me" attitude aka start me or I take my ball and go home.

Gore had a relatively healthy year last year and while he's lost the burst of speed he had to a large degree, he still has some decent speed and is still a powerful runner with good size.  Before the injuries, he was good enough to be ahead of Willis AND Portis on the depth chart.

256582[/snapback]

Thanks for backing me on this. It's nice having another voice on reason on this board. Do you think he lasts until the 3rd or 4th. If so, would the Bills do this?

Thanks for backing me on this.  It's nice having another voice on reason on this board.    Do you think he lasts until the 3rd or 4th.  If so, would the Bills do this?

256609[/snapback]

So voices of reason are people who just agree with you ?

Thanks for backing me on this.  It's nice having another voice on reason on this board.    Do you think he lasts until the 3rd or 4th.  If so, would the Bills do this?

256609[/snapback]

I was always intrigued by Gore. He does obviously have a lot of talent. I kept waiting for him to blow up, but the injuries never went away. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at him, but I would prefer a guy who produced and stayed relatively healthy.

Plus, I never compared them at the U, but why do you think he is a better pass blocker than Willis? I had zero complaints with McGahee's ability to pick up the correct blitzer. For a virtual rookie, I can't see how one would do a better job than he did.

256609[/snapback]

Gore might be around in the 4th. If so, who knows? Would I bet on the Bills taking him? Probably not. But, one can never tell what cards Donahoe will play on draft day.

So voices of reason are people who just agree with you ?

256610[/snapback]

Keep me out of your squabbles, please.

I was always intrigued by Gore. He does obviously have a lot of talent. I kept waiting for him to blow up, but the injuries never went away. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at him, but I would prefer a guy who produced and stayed relatively healthy.

Plus, I never compared them at the U, but why do you think he is a better pass blocker than Willis? I had zero complaints with McGahee's ability to pick up the correct blitzer. For a virtual rookie, I can't see how one would do a better job than he did.

256615[/snapback]

Because while Willis did a great job picking htem up, Gore leveled blitzers. He is like Moe Williams from the Vikings in that regards.

Because while Willis did a great job picking htem up, Gore leveled blitzers.  He is like Moe Williams from the Vikings in that regards.

256623[/snapback]

True, he's a solid blocker, especially on blitzes. He does, however, have problems as a receiver out of the backfield and always has had them. He's a decent prospect, though not perfect. I still say someone will give him a shot.

Keep me out of your squabbles, please.

256618[/snapback]

Just tweeking VA. No doubt Gore has talent. I remember Badol talking highly of him and he watches every Miami game. Dib lives in the area and is a Miami alum , so I'm certainly going to listen to his take.

I guess a lot hinges on his pro day at Miami. I don't believe he worked out at the Indy Combine. Couldn't find anything on him.

This draft is Deep in RB's.

always out of the lineup at Miami.

Well, no. He did miss some time, but then again so did McGahee. The only problem I can forsee is the "me me me" attitude aka start me or I take my ball and go home.

256605[/snapback]

Along those lines, I would be concerned about the chemistry between Gore and McGahee. After McGahee was drafted, I recall reading somewhere that Gore was bitching that he was a better back than McGahee and some other negative stuff. Unfortunately I cant recall where that was published, but it was shortly after Willis was drafted IIRC.