Pigeon Forge, Tenn

I'm up there a couple times a year, lots of wife's family in Knoxville. If you're close to it, hit up the TN aquarium, blows the one in PF away.

Gotta hit Dollywood, it's right there on the "strip."

I actually lived in Sevierville for 5 years, about a mile from the strip in Pigeon Forge. The poster that talked about the traffic is spot on, be prepared to sit in some major traffic jams during much of the summer. Growing up we actually couldn’t buy ice cream or anything else that couldn’t sit in the car for at least an hour on the way home.

As for how fun Pigeon Forge is, that's depends on what you like to do. There is lots of miniature golf, go-carts, the water park and craft type stuff (and Dollywood, which imo, sucks) and that type of thing. I’d say you could spend a day at Dollywood and a day doing the other stuff in Pigeon Forge before getting bored with it. I'm more partial to the outdoor activities of the Smokies, not the tourist stuff in Pigeon Forge. If I was planning a vacation to the Smokies (I live in NYC now, not TN) I'd get a chalet in Gatlinburg or Townsend and avoid Pigeon Forge like the plague.

I actually lived in Sevierville for 5 years, about a mile from the strip in Pigeon Forge.  The poster that talked about the traffic is spot on, be prepared to sit in some major traffic jams during much of the summer.  Growing up we actually couldn’t buy ice cream or anything else that couldn’t sit in the car for at least an hour on the way home. 

As for how fun Pigeon Forge is, that's depends on what you like to do.  There is lots of miniature golf, go-carts, the water park and craft type stuff (and Dollywood, which imo, sucks) and that type of thing.  I’d say you could spend a day at Dollywood and a day doing the other stuff in Pigeon Forge before getting bored with it.  I'm more partial to the outdoor activities of the Smokies, not the tourist stuff in Pigeon Forge.  If I was planning a vacation to the Smokies (I live in NYC now, not TN) I'd get a chalet in Gatlinburg or Townsend and avoid Pigeon Forge like the plague.

256508[/snapback]

This looks like fun for the kids!!!! :rolleyes:

http://www.dixiestampede.com/showtime.php

You are correct - it is a dry area. 

The best way to combat it, is to rent a chalet for the weekend and have a couple of kegs in the back of the pick-um-up truck.

256263[/snapback]

It's not a DRY area! They are several ABC stores and alcohol is sold at every Food Market such as the Food Citys

I went 2 times last year and once in November.....If far from being DRY.

Every restaurant sells it too.......They have some nice bars my friends went to. I'm going to hit them up the next time

Sevierville is the worst traffic, pigeon forge is OK but Gatlinburg isnt that bad at all......

MY SUGGESTION- Park and ride the trolley, its cheap and it takes you to all the hot spots including the Aquarium and all of the other Ripley's entertainment.